Boat Newbies

First, I would like to thank all of you so much for the information. I did a terrible thing, though. My husband and I were talking about the boat and the marinas we visited. He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of making the decision. I said “well, this is more you than me.” I only meant that I trusted him to know more about all of this than me...and I honestly don’t think every decision has to be 50-50 between husband and wife. I had been doing all I could to learn more about boating, etc., knowing that with his vision issue I would be doing most of the drive no, etc. He immediately shut down the conversation at that point, saying he didn’t want to spend thousands of dollars on something if we both wouldn’t enjoy it. I tried again today to reopen the discussion, but he won’t discuss it further. :-(.
Tell your husband to keep reading this forum...hopefully he will see that everyone involved in owning and operating a Bennington enjoys it thoroughly! There are many, many members that have spouses that are just as (if not more) enthusiastic about being on the water on their pontoon! Good luck with getting the conversation moving forward again!

Hmm, seems like you might not be getting the whole story from your hubby. My guess is that he really isn't interested in diving into a new lifestyle. I grew up on a boat so it just seemed natural but if you're of retirement age and have never done it before, it can seem daunting. Perhaps you should consider renting a boat a few times this summer to help you truly gauge your appetite. Either way, best of luck to the both of you.

C'mon Steve, men are always open and honest and love to share their thoughts and feelings regarding what is bothering them!

Last edited:
You bet! LOL!!

Back