Boat order decisions...This or That!!

Thank you everyone...you guys twisted my arm and spent my money :D:D...i upgraded to SPS/150. This boat will be around for a long time so might as well make it able to relax, fish, and tube.
Our job is to help you get the best boat for your needs. While it would be nice to have a Q with a 450 or two you really did need the SPS with a 150. You will be happy for many years to come! If you keep it long term it should also be the perfect boat for all your needs in the future as well. Now is the long wait until it is home with you. Enjoy and post pictures when you get it. :)

Sounds like I’d be happy with Spa and upgrade motor over ESP ?

You really cannot go wrong with either the SPS or ESP. No doubt the ESP is the top tier hull. However, having the SPS myself, I can attest to how spectacular that hull is as well. If you are on very rough water with huge waves or wakes, then I’d say pay the extra money and get the ESP. Otherwise, the SPS will do just fine, and if you are with a 250...or 200HP motor or less, then I am 100% in favor of just sticking with the SPS.

I wish I would have found this forum before I ordered my first boat.
I’m fortunate I did. I was also fortuante that people like YOU helped me out when I was ordering, looking at lifts, etc... I think this forum was instrumental in assisting me in getting the best boat I could afford, and thus getting our last boat first.

Our job is to help you get the best boat for your needs. While it would be nice to have a Q with a 450 or two you really did need the SPS with a 150.
Every one her has been super helpful in their experiences. It’s impossible to get any dealer demos due to lack of boats. When we started looking, a few dealers laughed when I asked what used boats were in stock. The ones I did find were so expensive.. we just decided to pull trigger on new and get what we wanted instead of settling.

The only reason I’d love to have the dual motors is to race the 2 cigar boats that show up to our lake every 4th of July and drag race all weekend. Hehehe that would be a sight to see...

The only other thing I am trying to research is the sea legs or similar brand. I think they would be awesome for our lake and what we mainly do. That’s an expense and research for next year though...

Every one her has been super helpful in their experiences. It’s impossible to get any dealer demos due to lack of boats. When we started looking, a few dealers laughed when I asked what used boats were in stock. The ones I did find were so expensive.. we just decided to pull trigger on new and get what we wanted instead of settling.

The only reason I’d love to have the dual motors is to race the 2 cigar boats that show up to our lake every 4th of July and drag race all weekend. Hehehe that would be a sight to see...

The only other thing I am trying to research is the sea legs or similar brand. I think they would be awesome for our lake and what we mainly do. That’s an expense and research for next year though...
PM if you want to ever talk Sea Legs. I considered them and kept looking into them for 2 years before pulling the trigger for our boat. I have now had them for two summers. Happy to share my insights, likes, dislikes, etc. And I’m sure you’ve already done it, but if not, we have a number of Sea Legs related threads in this forum too...so lots of information in those from owners that have them, or a different brands version of them.

Back