Boat Waxing Question

ocmdboater

Reaction score
Hello fellow Bennington owners. I am a new owner (2011 G Series) and was wondering what type of wax (if any) to use on the panels of my boat. In addition, I have heard not to wax the decals, is that true.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Actually, Bennington says not to wax the graphics.

I think that's because most waxes contain petroleum distillates that will harm the vinyl used to make the graphics.

Look for a wax that does not contain petro-distills and you should be o-k, but try it on a small area to be sure.

Actually, Bennington says not to wax the graphics.

I think that's because most waxes contain petroleum distillates that will harm the vinyl used to make the graphics.

Look for a wax that does not contain petro-distills and you should be o-k, but try it on a small area to be sure.
Thank you very much! I will stay away from the graphics, but feel that the solid color of the panel should get some type of wax?

Try a product called Woody Wax . We used before the season began with no problems
Thanks again, Mary Lou. I actually purchased that product earlier, but was holding off from using it. Your suggestion is very helpful. I won't get a chance to be with the boat for two weeks, but will advise how it works.

Again, thank you. I'm a first time boat owner and very happy with my Bennington.

Back