Boating on the weekend vs. the week ........

We go out through the week and boat on weekends only if we have visitors.

Jack

I expect crowds on the weekends at Ocean City. But night time cruising is the best! Most people stay off the water since there are a lot of sand bars to get hung up on. A clear night with a new moon is a fantastic time to look at the stars and enjoy the company that happened to come along. And there never seems to be a problem getting bodies to come along. Come on warm nights!

Grew up in Maryland. Father stationed at Andrews AFB. OC used to be a big deal when I was a kid! Used to stay at a condo on 132nd St. and going to the Boardwalk was a must! Lot of memories there.....

I expect crowds on the weekends at Ocean City. But night time cruising is the best! Most people stay off the water since there are a lot of sand bars to get hung up on. A clear night with a new moon is a fantastic time to look at the stars and enjoy the company that happened to come along. And there never seems to be a problem getting bodies to come along. Come on warm nights!

I'm on Lake Norman as well, and weekday cruises are the absolute best right now.  I'm a novice, and just now have over 19 hours on the new Bennington.  Going anywhere near the main channel on the weekends is borderline stressful for me, but cruising anywhere you want during the week is the best.  We went last night for a picnic cruise with the kids, ate in a cove on the boat, and then went to The Blue Parrot for dessert.  It surprises me how quickly I got used to driving a boat and all the docking, etc.  My financial guy said that he should classify the boat payment under "medical expenses" as stressed as I've been and I use the boat as a relief and family bonding time.  ;)

Grew up in Maryland. Father stationed at Andrews AFB. OC used to be a big deal when I was a kid! Used to stay at a condo on 132nd St. and going to the Boardwalk was a must! Lot of memories there.....

If you ever get a chance to come north; let me know and I'll show you an OC that you never realized was there! At night,both bay side and ocean side is absolutely beautiful with all the lights. Especially the boardwalk.

If you ever get a chance to come north; let me know and I'll show you an OC that you never realized was there! At night,both bay side and ocean side is absolutely beautiful with all the lights. Especially the boardwalk.

My Mom and sisters and their families are still in MD so we visit there monthly.............just not near OC. Thanks for the offer.

I'm on Lake Norman as well, and weekday cruises are the absolute best right now.  I'm a novice, and just now have over 19 hours on the new Bennington.  Going anywhere near the main channel on the weekends is borderline stressful for me, but cruising anywhere you want during the week is the best.  We went last night for a picnic cruise with the kids, ate in a cove on the boat, and then went to The Blue Parrot for dessert.  It surprises me how quickly I got used to driving a boat and all the docking, etc.  My financial guy said that he should classify the boat payment under "medical expenses" as stressed as I've been and I use the boat as a relief and family bonding time.  ;)

Where are you on the lake, Dr. B?!? Also, my wife is looking for another dentist. Where is your practice located? Are you near Brawley School Rd? PM if you'd like.......

Here on the St. John river it does get busier on the weekend, but it's nothing like the lakes that we have boated on before. The only thing is that sometimes on weekends we may have trouble getting a free slip at one of our favorite restaurants on the river- The Swamphouse at High Banks Marina in DeBary, FL.

We were out Monday for about 5 1/2 hours, and are going out again tomorrow, Thursday with some friends. 

OMG 

Recently viewed on HGTV The Lake of The Ozarks 

What A Mad House

I dont mind the speed but people seem to think that a boat will stop like a car 

Insane

Before buying here

Looked at public lakes 

That lasted a cool 10 seconds on each then we came back here

123945898.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back