Bose 131's?

tecthis

Reaction score
So i know most think bose is overrated, and it may be. However, i have the home system and it sounds great!

Currently have the Rockford Fosgate RFX9700DVD, not sure of the speakers, maybe stock. They sound okay, but looking for an upgrade.

Anyone try out the Bose 131 marine? Curious to know if they sound good. Looking for great sound at louder volumes.

thanks in advance!

Alex...

I don't know about the bose, I used to have some house speakers and they were great, but for the boat, I've ranted and raved so much about the Wet Sounds xs-650's that I will have to continue to do so. They are a company that is a reflection of Bennington, they care about their customers, are ALWAYS willing to answer questions, and build a phenomenal product. I promise you wouldn't be disappointed.

Derrick

Thanks for the info Derrick!

Researching as we speak! Would love to find a local dealer that had them on the shelf next to the bose, but life is never that easy!

thanks,

Alex...

I don't know about the bose, I used to have some house speakers and they were great, but for the boat, I've ranted and raved so much about the Wet Sounds xs-650's that I will have to continue to do so. They are a company that is a reflection of Bennington, they care about their customers, are ALWAYS willing to answer questions, and build a phenomenal product. I promise you wouldn't be disappointed.

Derrick

They are actually the speakers that will be coming factory on R and Q models starting in 2013 (well once they get the LED lights fixed up, little problem with his they mount on our boats, so they are changing them to work,that's dedication to servicing a customer, in this case Bennington, which in turn is you and i). My cousin has them on his MB Sport boat and they are amazing even at 30mph with the wind blowing in your face. You can put the power to them and they will turn it into, well, music to your ears!!! Haha pun intended!!

Derrick

I've always thought Bose sounds great, but was overpriced in that you could get something as good for far less. Bose is "it" though if you don't have the space for larger speakers. Bose excels in small space applications. The way they do the porting inside the box makes for better sound (better lows) in a much smaller package than the standard box speaker. They've also done a lot of research on bouncing the higher frequencies off walls to immerse you in sound. Pretty high tech over a regular sealed box. They've done a lot of research, no question there, but you have to pay for that. So, if you need something small, Bose is it. My Envoy has them (stock door speakers), and they sound quite good, but they are no substitute for a sub and lots of power at the low end (low frequency, that is). But they are great car door speakers! Again, small space...

I would really be interested in hearing if their technology works well (if at all) in an open pontoon boat though. It may not. Pretty sure Bose is optimized for closed rooms. In open air, they may be not much different than speakers that cost far less...

I would definitely want to hear them in a boat before I paid double for them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought Bose sounds great, but was overpriced in that you could get something as good for far less. Bose is "it" though if you don't have the space for larger speakers. Bose excels in small space applications. The way they do the porting inside the box makes for better sound (better lows) in a much smaller package than the standard box speaker. They've also done a lot of research on bouncing the higher frequencies off walls to immerse you in sound. Pretty high tech over a regular sealed box. They've done a lot of research, no question there, but you have to pay for that. So, if you need something small, Bose is it. My Envoy has them (stock door speakers), and they sound quite good, but they are no substitute for a sub and lots of power at the low end (low frequency, that is). But they are great car door speakers! Again, small space...

I would really be interested in hearing if their technology works well (if at all) in an open pontoon boat though. It may not. Pretty sure Bose is optimized for closed rooms. In open air, they may be not much different than speakers that cost far less...

I would definitely want to hear them in a boat before I paid double for them...
B-O-S-E = buy other stereo equipment. Marketing geniuses, but a side-by-side comparison usually reveals their true character.

Back