Bow Gate Seat

Kinger

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on securing the bow filler seat? Slides across the pontoon when not being sat on. Worse yet when placed at the port side gate. Tips over when you do sit on it. Very Diappointed in this $743.00 option.

Honestly, we don’t seem to have those problems other than tipping when sitting on the edge. Try storing something heavy in it. We really enjoy ours.

Here’s what Im planning to use...ordered but not yet installed.

848E7156-B4CB-41A7-BCD1-450A7B916140.jpeg

Ours only moves slightly on longer towing trips.

View attachment 24441

View attachment 24441
Ours only moves slightly on longer towing trips.

Thanks, good suggestion. Will try the same.
Cannot have folks with drink in hand falling on the floor because a seat is not anchored. Bennington, known for quality comes up short with this one. Safety is important.

We haven't had any similar issues with ours! Although, we use it mostly as a seat for the Yeti

Ours doesn’t slide (much) except when not occupied and making aggressive turns. Only tips if sitting on the front of the seat.

Sand Bags and a Yett! I think I am getting the message. I may remove ours and have the passengers sit on the floor.
Sand Bags are from an old post that we all had some fun with. I was actually just being Funny! I don't advise using them.

Sand Bags are from an old post that we all had some fun with. I was actually just being Funny! I don't advise using them.

Thanks, being retired Army I have some experience with sand bags and I understood it to be a joke. I was also joking with having any passenger sitting on the floor or removing the $$$$ seat.

Being a new member of this club I really do appreciate the help I am getting as well as the joking around. I appreciate the fact that this site could soon have you writing bad checks to pay for more HP to get more MPH. Considering this I would be throwing my sand bags overboard trying to get to 50mph.

Keep up the funnies.

Thanks, being retired Army I have some experience with sand bags and I understood it to be a joke. I was also joking with having any passenger sitting on the floor or removing the $$$$ seat.

Being a new member of this club I really do appreciate the help I am getting as well as the joking around. I appreciate the fact that this site could soon have you writing bad checks to pay for more HP to get more MPH. Considering this I would be throwing my sand bags overboard trying to get to 50mph.

Keep up the funnies.

Keep up the funnies.
Welcome ! "New Boat does not sit Level" upper right hand corner Search it.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'll preface this response with "I'm waiting for my boat to come in". My plan was to put my mushroom anchor, chain and all the line in the bottom of that seat. This way at the end of the season I can just remove the seat and clean it out. Someone let me know if I'm living in fantasy world. Lol.

All kidding aside about using sand bags and Yeti to weigh down the seat to keep it from tipping over when sitting on the edge I think your idea of use is a good one. It would most likely keep the seat in place ( not sliding around when underway) and it might help with the tipping issue. The weight would not keep you from sliding it from the bow to the port side gate depending how you use the gates when docking.
One other consideration, the seat is normally moved from the bow when loading your Benny on the trailer. Makes it easier to line up the Benny as well as hooking up to the crank and exiting the boat.

Enjoyed all the post about the filler seat; we purchased one with our Bennington and have not been real happy with the moving around. Also for a seat designed to be moved I was surprised to see staples exposed on the bottom where they fastened the chair fabric. Kind of cheesy.
Would like to come up with a rubber type material that would aid in not sliding and provide a bit of floor protection.

If your bow gate seat is slipping, sounds to me like it doesn't fit properly... I have 2 for the fore and aft of my 2350RSR and they both slide in nice a snug with the adjacent cushions. I've never once had either of them move on their own.

If your bow gate seat is slipping, sounds to me like it doesn't fit properly... I have 2 for the fore and aft of my 2350RSR and they both slide in nice a snug with the adjacent cushions. I've never once had either of them move on their own.

I wonder if that is special on an R-series (better fit and refinement). We have a bow gate seat on an S-series, and it slides and moves under any sort of speed. And it certainly is not a snug and tight fit. There are gaps on both sides of the seat. I find it frustrating too, and don’t even bother having it on my boat regularly as a result.

Back