Bow Storage Solutions?

Bigdecked

Reaction score
Hey Folks!

I've been looking around for a solution for additional storage and was curious if anyone came across something like this before: Has anyone found any storage containers made specifically, or working great, for the bow or stern of their 'toon? I'm thinking perhaps like a narrow footlocker or something else of that nature that could sit up front or on back and secure down for storage of different materials, but not too keen on drilling holes in the boat yet. If not that, then perhaps some sort of duffel bag solution that could accomplish the same.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Going off your nickname Bigdecked I would think you wouldn't want to put anything on the deck of your boat. (just kiddin). What year and how big is you boat would be my first question? Tritoon? And would it be in the way when you put on your cover? More will chime in sit tight!

I mounted a cooler on my rear deck for storage.
TT

Going off your nickname Bigdecked I would think you wouldn't want to put anything on the deck of your boat. (just kiddin). What year and how big is you boat would be my first question? Tritoon? And would it be in the way when you put on your cover? More will chime in sit tight!
It is a 2016 24 SPDX, so a good amount of room on both the bow and stern decks. I've seen others that mount their yeti coolers on the rear but wasn't sure how they were securing these down...

Do you mind if I ask how you secure it while underway? Seems like plenty of room, just don't want to be that guy pitching a cooler off the rear at 30+mph
I haven't done these yet, but once I need to secure something to the bow deck, I'm thinking these will be best. Since there is easy access to the underside up front, it will be very easy to mount these. And these just look so clean. It should be easy to adapt a ring or eye hook to the threaded insert for holding stuff down.

In the rear, though, it will be tougher, as the aluminum plate will have to be removed, which means a bunch of other stuff also has to be removed.

1662647179981.png

Big fan of this setup for a grill now that I've taken the time to look at it. I like the minimal impact when the post is off, I'll have to take a look at the installation process and location to make sure I don't dig myself a hole!

I agree: looks like a great way to mount some hardware for strapping down without a mess when not in use.

Also wondering if anyone has attempted to fabricate fiberglass storage "containers" on the front deck, like they have in the Q boats in the front, similar to these, but with the opening on the other side.

1692064246888.png

1692064360775.png

I'd like to come up with something that would fit the Honda EU2200i on a slider, that could slide out over the water and be able to run it to charge up the batteries. Generator is 20" long x 11.4 " wide x 16.7" tall. And the other side could hold the stuff needed each time we beach the boat for a lunch stop or camp spot, slide anchor stakes, rope bags, front washdown hose, etc..

The 100 watt solar panel can keep up with one 12v fridge, but adding a freezer was too much for the system, so would bring the generator for the week-long Powell trips. The good thing is we will be able to fish an extension cord through the wire chase so no need to have an extension cord running down the middle of the boat like last trip.

Aside from a custom storage box, this is the closest thing I've found that would work. It's a nice box, but it would still be pretty ugly on the front of the boat and it's $1,000, so not the best use of money. But it seems like the only alternatives are some sort of tote or container.

There are a couple of you folks that camp/overnight with your Benny. I’m a bit surprised that more of you haven’t gone the hardtop route, which would offer a lot more space as well as a great platform for rigging side covers.

Back