Bowrider with a 250 hp Sho. What an awesome ride

Congratulations! Like BigD, looking forward to seeing pictures of your awesome new Bennington.

OOC: There was a new member a week or so ago trying to find members on here with almost that identical combo of boat and motor. Not as many bowrider owners around here with it being a somewhat newer hull configuration. Once it’s all broken (and dialed in if you are bothering with that), any chance you wouldn’t mind posting some performance information in here and/or under the Post Your Specs Here in the Prop and Power sub-forum?

I just got our new L series Bowrider with a 250
Yes, please share any general thoughts & performance info as I’m not finding much about the L Bowrider in this forum. Much appreciated.

I’m waiting on the Yamaha 250 for 25LTSB before I can close the deal. In the meantime, I can dream. Thanks!

Got it yesterday and spent 3 hrs. on it. Very good ride and handles wake exceptionally well. The step down bow is great, now I can see what is coming my way. Cornering is good, but I have not opened it up yet. After break in I will know more about top end and fuel economy. Good luck and I am sure you will like it. I will be posting some pics soon

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s interesting to me that there still appears to be a bow gate even though my understanding is that it’s inoperable.

It’s interesting to me that there still appears to be a bow gate even though my understanding is that it’s inoperable.
I think its for support ,fence/panels .Im sure some are going to board at the bow, with or without a gate .

Makes me wonder for a future tweak/upgrade to those bow rider layoutsfor Bennington. Like most manufacturers they often introduce something new to the lineup, and after a few years tweak it in some fantastic ways. Maybe this will go in that direction with a future front gate…?

For instance, the swingback layout. When it came out in upper end models it was a big deal, then the same design trickled down to all models within 1 or 2 years. Then after three years, they redesigned it with the 2020 or 2021 swingbacks they enhanced it greatly. Not the SB has those flip up panel seating panel options that are fantastic and the stowaway seat back feature. Awesome improvements over my older SB design.

I wonder if engineering wise beneath furniture if the bow rider is poised door something like that. You can get it in the L series, not just Q and R. It has a cool look, and the visibility advantage. True there is a trade off with performance due to center toon, but manageable for most of those that like its looks or benefits.

Perhaps in a year or two on the Q and R versions (maybe L) we will see a center bow seat that either pulls out somehow like a normal bow gate seat OR perhaps something fancier that flips down into the foot-bay providing access to the front “gate-looking” fencing. Once you have access to that spot, drop a front gate into that fencing and you have full front gate access again. When I’ve been on them in the showroom it looks like with some slight layout work it could be done.

I saw a bow rider at my dealer when they 1st came out . If the seat was a standard bow gate seat,( movable). You would have to step immediately down ,most likely requireing a step and hand rails . In that case the bow gate seat could not be placed back at the gate ,unless a modification was done to the back of the seat to accommodate the step. ( just my opinion. )

I saw a bow rider at my dealer when they 1st came out . If the seat was a standard bow gate seat,( movable). You would have to step immediately down ,most likely requireing a step and hand rails . In that case the bow gate seat could not be placed back at the gate ,unless a modification was done to the back of the seat to accommodate the step. ( just my opinion. )
That is kind of what I am talking about. A total redesign of the back side of the seat might be possible to create a removable or flippable seat of some sort.

I just know I would not have forseen the SB changes the past 2 years. Now they seem obvious and so much better. I just wonder if something on the horizon in the next few years might also deal with this trade-off on the bow-rider?

Also, I am a retired history teacher and TE educator, so perhaps my “engineering” insights are to be taken with a grain of salt. :p

Last edited:
TE?

Congrats Bob! Very nice!

I would think it would be more to do with the manufacturing standpoint. First, if there was no gate it would make that full fencing large and cumbersome. Second, and most likely, from a cost standpoint now they can still use all existing rail templates/patterns, and from a looks standpoint, they can still have our beautiful Bennington logo front and center!

thanks everyone (TE)

Back