2275 GCW with the small box anchor.  Held my boat and my buddies 24' fiberglass boat in 5mph winds with gusts of 10+.  I had problems getting my boat to sit still till I bought the box thanks to suggestions on this site.

I plan to get another one (probably smaller) to throw aft to stop the swinging

So an update on this......

I finally got around to sending my box anchor back to the owner in AZ.....damn thing cost $63 to UPS it.  I almost didn't even bother but said screw it.  Well the owner of the company JUST called me to get my credit card info and said he's not only refunding me the price of the anchor but also the cost to ship it back to him!!!!  So he said I should see a credit for $180 by this evening.  Man you just do NOT see that kind of 'backing your product' these days.  I did tell him about this forum and how many owners of his product are VERY happy with it and most have a size smaller than mine.  He appreciated that feedback.

I also ended up ordering the Rocna-10 (22 lb) anchor and 10' of galvanized chain and a shackle (I already have some very nice anchor line to use with it).  That is one darn expensive anchor so I sure hope this one works.

Anyway...just wanted to update everyone.

I know nothing of the Vulcan you mention but I'm very pleased with my Fortress. Good luck with the decision.

Ditto.  I have the FX-11 and swear by it.  It REALLY sticks to the bottom.  I have 6' of chain and 150' of 3-strand of nylon rode.  Very lightweight - important when you're haulng it in (my back appreciates it).

Yes, I'm quite impressed by their actions. Such customer service is definitely the exception and not the rule. Almost want to place and order myself, even though I don't need one. 

I also ended up ordering the Rocna-10 (22 lb) anchor and 10' of galvanized chain and a shackle (I already have some very nice anchor line to use with it).  That is one darn expensive anchor so I sure hope this one works.

Use a zip tie or safety wire on the shackle.  My baby box is on the bottom of Cumberland when the shackle unscrewed and the shackle on the small bow was almost undone.  

Finally used my new Rocna-10 anchor for the first time yesterday.  Winds were moderate but nothing crazy windy.  I had the (12') bimini deployed and the anchor held like a champ.  Absolutely no dragging.  Had half the lake worth of weeds attached to it when I pulled it up but it did its job.  Very happy so far.

Finally used my new Rocna-10 anchor for the first time yesterday.  Winds were moderate but nothing crazy windy.  I had the (12') bimini deployed and the anchor held like a champ.  Absolutely no dragging.  Had half the lake worth of weeds attached to it when I pulled it up but it did its job.  Very happy so far.

Glad to hear you've found one that works for you. I'm just surprised you hadn't used it before; must be you don't hang out at a sand bar. Yesterday turned quite windy with 1 to 2' waves by the afternoon, but no match for my little seven pound Fortress. 

No I rarely anchor at all to be honest.  I have twin 4 year olds and they're not much into sitting still for very long.  Hell they get mad at me when I (only) run the boat at 3000 rpms.  My daughter will say "Why are we going so slow, Daddy?"  Our son is autistic and doesn't say very many words but under that same situation he will look at me and say "I want faster....I want faster...."

Pretty sure they get that need for speed from me.  :D

I sure do like my box anchor.  The only issue I've had is that the bag blew off the boat and I lost it.  Bought another from them for $10 and I'm back in business.  I've had it for 4 years now.

No I rarely anchor at all to be honest.  I have twin 4 year olds and they're not much into sitting still for very long.  Hell they get mad at me when I (only) run the boat at 3000 rpms.  My daughter will say "Why are we going so slow, Daddy?"  Our son is autistic and doesn't say very many words but under that same situation he will look at me and say "I want faster....I want faster...."

Pretty sure they get that need for speed from me.  :D

Too funny! I hear the same thing from my eight year old daughter. Hey, I don't necessarily mind running fast but because it can bring me to tears after a couple of minutes, I'm thinking of buying a bunch of goggles to hand out to everyone. 

We have several sand bars scattered around the lake, so she doesn't mind when we anchor because that means swimming/playing in the water as well as "snacks". Lots. Of. Snacks!

Whereas I could spend the entire day on the boat, not so much with my youngest, so we do what we can to make it special. First world problems; spoiled kids and doing my part. lol

I sure do like my box anchor.  The only issue I've had is that the bag blew off the boat and I lost it.  Bought another from them for $10 and I'm back in business.  I've had it for 4 years now.

Great to hear! Lot's of fans on this board, but I chose to stick with what I knew. 

Agreed.  I think I was the only one on here who didn't like the box anchor but man....I tried different scopes of rope.....bimini deployed, bimini in radar position.....sandy bottoms.....muck bottoms......nothing made a difference.  That sucker just dragged across the bottom no matter what.....and I even bought the LARGE model.  I spent a small fortune on this new Rocna-10 but not only did it work perfectly yesterday, the thing weighs a fraction of what that box anchor weighed.

Back