BRP is back in the outboard game

Bill N

Reaction score
They can't deliver complete SeaDoos or SkiDoos, but hey, at least they have time to re-invent the outboard.

That must have been the Ghost Project that I had heard about .

Interesting read. BRP is really trying to push back into the boating and motor market. Interesting design and concept. You point out some interesting irony Bill with their lack of ability to deliver, or delivery completely put together, Ski Doo’s and Sea Doo’s.

I normally embrace innovation and have respect for BRP corp. but in this case I think this motor will not succeed in the marketplace. The power unit hangs behind the transom with much of it below the water line. At times the 3 cylinder power unit will be completely submerged. It is vulnerable from leaks and impact. The swim deck (above the motor) gets lifted when the motor trims up. This bulbous rear deck does not integrate well with the Manitou or Alumacraft boat lines. I hope for their sake that they are not forced to commit fully to this 'technology'.
1660315503174.jpeg1660315550476.jpeg

I think they have taken a nice looking Manitou pontoon and sculpted it into something quite undesirable.
Looks like a real pontoon had sex with a SeaDoo shift, and this deformed spawn is the result.

I like having the ability to repower down the line to another manufacturer. Not so much with this new concept.

Not to mention BRP already leaving Evinrude customers and dealers at the altar once, who's to say they won't do it again.

They way the market has been since they dropped Evinrude , I'm sure they would have sold a few .

Interesting read. BRP is really trying to push back into the boating and motor market. Interesting design and concept. You point out some interesting irony Bill with their lack of ability to deliver, or delivery completely put together, Ski Doo’s and Sea Doo’s.
To my knowledge the dealers were/are not being reimbursed for assembly when the parts came .

Is that a 2 stroke? It said "no oil changes"...
tt

I would guess yes ,based on their history of 2 strokes .

It is indeed an ETEC (2 stroke)

Back