Bunk Replacement

KC24

Reaction score
Its time to upgrade/replace the bunks on my trailer. Any suggestions?

Get the plastic covers for the bunk instead of carpet. I was able to get 24' lengths of pine from a real lumberyard.
Now the rest of the trailer fell apart and I am replacing the trailer.

Remediation, Where is a good place to buy the covers.

Agree with Remediation, the plastic bunking is fantastic. We got it on our new trailer and I would never put carpet on again. We got a PMI trailer and had them put it on but I saw a couple places like Overtons and of course amazon carries it. Expensive but worth it!

Thanks I figured it would be expensive, Its for a boat :)

You can also use composite decking on top of your 2X4s'. In my area, Menards has 20' and the other big box stores only carried up to 16'.

I have replaced the bunks on my pontoon trailer as well as our double jet ski trailer. Just used regular southern yellow pine (Not pressure treated) and carpet. But our new trailer came with the plastic liner on the wood and I love it. Well built.

I am growing some serious 'shroms out of the carpet of my bunks. Obviously, I am due. In under 5 years. Damn...

I used pvc trim boards on top of the wood. 1x3 maybe. (years ago) Price was reasonable and it has been wearing well.

I used treated lumber and bought the rolls of black plastic and end caps. This was by far the cheapest bunk wrap I could find and was really easy to install with an air stapler and stainless staples. I would consider 2x6 Easier to do it right once.

Back