Buoyant Bunks Batman!

GlennT

Reaction score
Looking for ideas...I have an IMM lift with cable winders and three wood bunks for my tritoon. I live on big water on Lake Murray, SC - What happens is when i depart the lift the buoyancy of the carriage slacks the cables causing the carriage to unwind which causes the entire carriage to become out of level. My biggest concern is that i don't want to overlap any cables while bringing the boat back up hence crushing the cable and weakening it/them.

I guess i could go with six aluminum "V" bunks and remove the wood all together??

Thanks,
Glenn

C4D875FC-D96C-4290-895A-6A42BCF65C1F.jpeg I'd be curious so see a pic of the setup. I have three pine boards for my lift and the aluminum cross members have enough weight to keep it under water while we're out.

Last edited:
It does get submerged, but if its any kind of choppy it starts to bouncing when I start to raising it. Here is a pic before i took delivery of my new boat and before i added the third board.

Attachments

• Shull Lift.jpg
    Shull Lift.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 44
Can you hang some weights off the lift to keep it submerged while you out in the boat?

Mushroom anchor at each corner?

I've seen where people put like 4" PVC pipe filled with concrete on both front and rear cross members. They secure them with big tie wraps, holds the lift down.

The extra weight would need to be accounted for regarding its capacity.

I've seen where people put like 4" PVC pipe filled with concrete on both front and rear cross members. They secure them with big tie wraps, holds the lift down.
That seems very clean and easy to do. And I do have lots of wiggle room on my weight limits. Thanks!!

Back