Can this screw be removed?

Before you remove the screw I would check for one of those labels you find on a mattress. It could be a federal offense, subject to a hefty fine or jail time if removed

Dealer said, "It shouldn't be a problem to remove the screw" but there was no confidence in his tone. It does appear to be a simple removal, but again, I'm not sure what that screw holds onto inside the post. We shall see in April.

I think it's just a limiter as noted and can be removed. My SXP doesnt have one and sure enough it spins until it hits something - in my case the steering wheel.

If you really want to go OEM, you may be able to buy the non-limited swivel and swap out. Not sure if Springfield is the manufacturer but it should be easy enough to track down.

4E2AD39C-6D3E-4420-88DB-9BD055B85C21.jpeg92F6D002-B36B-4FC3-A357-238214EE47B3.jpeg

Gang... when I sat in the SX model on the showroom floor oh those many months ago, I was able to swivel the helm chair all the way to the aft port side so I could put my hairy legs on the L-bench. Its nice to face my guests whilst I work on embedding my butt groove in the helm chair. However, when I got my S Series on Saturday, this screw on the chair post is preventing me from swiveling! The sales guy at the marina couldn’t find the correct allen wrench to take it out (shop guys were not around), so I'll ask my compadres... please tell me this screw safely comes out and I'll be able to sit and spin in the way I've always dreamed. In all seriousness, it's a deal breaker if I can't. I'll have to get another chair or rig this one. Give me good news, please!
So I had the exact same question for the exact same reasons. Did removing the screw work? I keep forgetting to bring allen wrenches to try it...

sorry just saw where you said you wont get it unwrapped until April...well in any case my dealer said the same thing, that it can be removed. We will see...

So I had the exact same question for the exact same reasons. Did removing the screw work? I keep forgetting to bring allen wrenches to try it...

sorry just saw where you said you wont get it unwrapped until April...well in any case my dealer said the same thing, that it can be removed. We will see...
So I did a bit more sleuthing. Talked to Sam at Bennington, a really friendly sales or service guy, not sure which. With the 2021 models, it is now regulation to have a stop screw in the helm chair. He could not technically or legally tell me what size the Allen wrench was for that stop screw. In the kindest possible way, he indicated that he could not prevent an owner from removing that screw, but he wanted to caution me in case something happened because of the removal of the screw that any breakage may not be covered by warranty. He also wanted me to be cognizant of any potential liability that I may face if I remove the screw and something bad happens because of it... like an accident by inadvertently putting the boat into forward or reverse gear. So, basically, Bennington put a stop screw there because they were told to by a regulating agency. My screw is coming out the second I get on my boat!

Yup take it out!!!

I was told it is a Coast Guard safety thing, like not being able to get a Bolster on the Co-Captain seat anymore (unless you have a window model with the Co-Helm and Grab Bar).

Sooooo....has anyone taken it out yet? I tried out the range of motion on my new boat, hit the screw, and it will be coming out probably monday. Wondering if anyone else has taken theirs out.

Sooooo....has anyone taken it out yet? I tried out the range of motion on my new boat, hit the screw, and it will be coming out probably monday. Wondering if anyone else has taken theirs out.
Not yet. The boat won't go into water until the end of April. I have a note to bring a set of Allen wrenches. Looks like you're going to be the first! Please let us know how it goes.

Not yet. The boat won't go into water until the end of April. I have a note to bring a set of Allen wrenches. Looks like you're going to be the first! Please let us know how it goes.

Im bringing metric and standard down, figure one of those has to work. It was funny though, I spun the seat and first thing I thought of was this thread, and said "oh no, this wont work?

Nice thing about Texas, 80s next week!

Back