Candlewood Lake

IslandNomad

Reaction score
Hey all - Docks are in the water, engine is on its way, slip has been assigned and I'm chomping at the bit to take delivery of my new boat!

Anyone at Candlewood Lake? Fingers crossed we're taking delivery the 25th - they're talking high of 55, but no rain OR SNOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Early Congrats on the new boat! 55 sounds like a heat wave compared to the winter you all had. Hope it works out for you!

Island Nomad 

Congratulations on the New Benny

I hope you enjoy every second on it  

It is still a little chilly here for boating 

Waiting till May 1st and may be forced to push the date later 

It has been a cool wet spring here

Hoping for a warm up soon

Too many projects on hold

Gateway-Clipper-Wheel-Logo-300x259.jpg

We plan on enjoying as much as we can. Working 10 hours a day makes it tough, but the times watching the little one grow up on the boat are going to be so worth it. It was great watching her crawl around the boat in the showroom, she seemed so engaged. Only 9 months old, but when I had her on my lap at the helm she was all smiles! She'll most likely have PADs (or encourage me to) before I do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Connecticut but not on Candlewood.  I am hoping to visit that lake this year.  It's about 2 hours for me to get there.

I tried to organize a get together on Candlewood a couple of years back, but it didn't work out.  Maybe we could get together some weekend this summer,

Congrats on the new boat!!!!

Thanks!!  Hopefully we'll take delivery this Saturday and I'll get some pics up. This week is going SO slow.

We're on Candlewood. This is our 3rd season on the lake, after buying our Bennington from Brookfield Bay Marine. I'm guessing that is where you got yours as well? Hope to see you out there!

Added to the map.

At Brookfield Bay, J dock. I'll post photos this weekend as it was a long and difficult closing process, but we finally have the boat!! Missed two delivery dates, but she's at the dock and ready to go!

We should attempt to get together this season on Candlewood.  Would July work?  Any Interest in a small organized event?

The people at Brookfield Bay are great to work with.

Back