Canopy Length For 23SXP

RonMexico

Reaction score
Hey All-

We have a 2019 23 SSBXP with Ultra Legs, SPS, and F150 Yamaha. It's been a great setup for us for the past 4 seasons. But putting the mooring cover on and off is a pain so we're looking at getting a free standing canopy to park in at our dock. Unfortunately, our rig is in storage and I can't measure the length to get the proper canopy size on order and searching the forum didn't provide the information I was looking for. The lift dealer is suggesting a 26' canopy but the interwebs shows the length for our tritoon is 24' 7" and if I understand correctly that doesn't include the added length of the motor. So total length is probably ~26' if I understand correctly. Can anyone help me out with what canopy size worked for your similar model or what the length of your similar pontoon is with/without motor? Thanks!

It's hard to compare between models . But my 23 loa is close to 27 ft ( 26' 9") with the motor trimmed down

I have a 23SSRCX and I believe my canopy on my hoist is 28', and it just barely covers the boat + engine trimmed up

I used to have a lift with a canopy. I have a 2018 24’ SSBXP. I had a 28’ canopy. My motor was on the edge of it, but I was covered. I suspect you would be in a similar situation. Based on my experience, I would maybe move up to 28’ like I had to better guarantee coverage of your boat. At 26’ it may cut it close with the motor…?

Mine is 29’ and could be a little longer but it does the job

Thanks all for the replies! I'll go with a 28', I think. I'm glad I came here for a 2nd opinion!

Back