Can't get SS ski pylon out of hole?

Mambeaux

Reaction score
I used my pylon for the first time. Very hard to get in and now want come out.

Ideas??

Makes sure you are turning it clockwise to loosen it. It's counter-intuitive. Read my post #34 in this thread to see what you're dealing with (unless the design has changed). Ski Tow Bar or Ski Pylon thread

I just went through this on my new to me 2019. I don't think the previous owners ever took it out. I sprayed some lubricant on to the base of it at the floor and let it set a bit. Mine has an allen head on the top of the pylon that I used a 3/8 allen socket and ratchet after is sat a bit. Like said above it is reverse thread (righty loosey, lefty tighty). After I got it out I cleaned the plastic up. I didn't want to leave the lube on since I don't now if it would have an adverse effect on the plastic.

can you turn it at all? If not, get a robber pipe wrench to grip it and turn it.
I use these from Harbor Freight

Attachments

• IMG_0173.png
    IMG_0173.png
    354 KB · Views: 3
Another tip - We had a similar issue with a fuel filter that would not budge.- I gave my husband one of those pads you use to open a lid for a jar - (like a spaghetti sauce jar) - not sure what they are called but very handy in the kitchen for stubborn jars - I suggested he put in between the wrench and the filter, and it worked beautifully. Provided the grip needed.

Never would have thought of this idea. I need to file this one away for future use.
I gave my husband one of those pads you use to open a lid for a jar… - I suggested he put in between the wrench and the filter, and it worked beautifully. Provided the grip needed.

Back