captain chair adjustments

novice

Reaction score
Wife and I find captain's chair too low. Is there a way to adjust height? This is regarding a 2010 20 footer.  

Our chair is also too low, there is no up and down adjustment. We use our throwable flotation device ( pillow) to sit on.

Or as I tell my wife, If you can't see just stand up.

Who manufacturers the chair pedestal?  There are vertically adjustable pedestals available.  I agree that this would be nice option.

Who manufacturers the chair pedestal?  There are vertically adjustable pedestals available.  I agree that this would be nice option.
They're made by Springfield. Bennington used to have adjustable pedestals with a gas strut, but they had a large failure rate and stopped them. Springfield makes a manual height adjustable pedestal which is on my list of things to do.    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=73363&pdesc=Springfield_Marine_Adjustable_Height_Pedestal&aID=601C7&merchID=4006

Last edited by a moderator:
Cwag,

I am away from my boat for a week. Can you just replace part of the pole, or do you have to screw the entire base into the floor?

Cwag,

I am away from my boat for a week. Can you just replace part of the pole, or do you have to screw the entire base into the floor?
It's thru-bolted with nuts under the deck.

I believe it is an option on the 2015's . Check with your dealer about an upgrade 

The big issue is the thru-bolted pedestal.  Add in the underskinning that has to be removed and it is a big job.  There was one member that did it several years ago.  He listed the challenges in a thread. I just live with it and stand if i need too. 

I may be wrong, but when I took delivery of my boat, I thought my salesman told me the height was adjustable. I seem to remember him saying you had to  twist something under the seat base. I will check the next time I'm on the boat.

Cheers, Steve

We just purchased a 2015 (delivery in mid-Sept) and asked if there was an upgrade... nope.

On the R it is an option: NEW) Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm Seat 905761 $146

On the R it is an option: NEW) Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm Seat 905761 $146
I was considering this with my 2350RSR order, but when I checked "raised helm", it removed the adjustable height pedestal.  It said it was N/A with raised helm.  So, I didn't get it.  I don't know why it would matter (raised helm or not)

Last edited by a moderator:
fastmstealth, I would imagine probably has to do with the pedestal passing through the raised helm and then bolting through the deck although it doesn't seem to hard to do

If you don't have underskins, the replacement is very straight forward.  My dealer traded me for a taller pedastal he had in stock.  Took about 30 minutes to change out.  I added 2 inches and it is much better.

Back