Captain's Chair on SX22 Only Turns about 30 dgrees to the left

joanello

Reaction score
My Captain's chair (at the helm) only turns about 30 degrees to the left, unlike my captain's chair on the left side of the boat that turns fully to the right. Is this by design or an issue with my helm chair?
Thanks

If it's a new boat, I believe there is a swivel limit now on starboard side?

I think there is a stopper to prevent the chair from hitting the throttle. My captains chair doesn't allow much of a turn either (2021ssrcx).

Yes, there is a limiting bolt - which is threaded through with a nut on the other side - so you have to remove the chair to remove the bolt. Dealer said a new Coast Guard Requirement, though that seems silly to me. I realize we have many Darwin applicants out there, but they are not the majority... let us use our boats as designed.

Yes, there is a limiting bolt - which is threaded through with a nut on the other side - so you have to remove the chair to remove the bolt. Dealer said a new Coast Guard Requirement, though that seems silly to me. I realize we have many Darwin applicants out there, but they are not the majority... let us use our boats as designed.
i have a 2022 22svsr and was able to remove it without removing the chair.

Thanks for the information. I agree that it seems like an unnecessary restriction.

My 2018 spins all the way around.

The armrest on my capt chair will run into the throttle and other things when swiveling unless I slide it back the entire way. My guess is same as others, an interference/safety design.

Back