Center of Gravity?

Mike D

Reaction score
Sorry if this again is not the correct "spot" but I cannot find the specs for my boat to make sure it is on the lift correctly. Here is my setup, but does anyone know where the center of gravity is located?

2018 21-SSX full benches up front and fishing station in the back with 2 fishing chairs. Yamaha 150 for power.

The lift installers say the center is even with the front of the helm, and I simply dont believe that. the motor and 30 gallons of fuel is quite heavy.......

Add to that the motor pod and transom. I'd have to agree with you.

That doesn't answer your question, I'm just saying I think you are right to second guess that advice...

Another way to estimate this is if it's on a trailer, and the trailer is properly configured with 7-10% of the total weight on the hitch ball, the center of gravity should be a couple feet toward the bow from the midpoint between the axles. Don't take that as gospel, as I don't know this for sure, I'm just pointing this out as another way you might be able to estimate it. Others can chime in if someone thinks I'm missing something.

Back