Center Tube Storage

Toon'r

Reaction score
Ok you guys with center tube storage....

That is a HUGE hole and I wish the opening was wider and had another opening toward the bow...  anyway, I'm not always gonna have my grandkid to throw in there to retrieve what I'm needing, which will probably be clear up front, so what have you guys come up with to use that space efficiently????

I use clothes baskets with holes drilled in the bottom so water can drain (condensation). I have 4 of them and a tub with a lockable lid. To retrieve I use the boat hook .

My storage is not efficient at all.  I keep nothing in it then stuff the cover and poles in it while boating. I did find out that the flooring can lift up.  It seems the previous users thought it was the perfect place to hide the empty Miller Lite cans.     Everything else goes under seats.  FYI, I didn't notice till the second year that the rear recliner seat padding lifts up.  It is the perfect storage for the tubing and ski ropes.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I put two anchors, some noodles (for swimming), a couple of deflated inflatable floatys, a paddle, a pckage of 4 life preservers (I have more of those under some seats) and the poles I use for my cover in mine.  It's not too bad getting things out of there but I put the stuff I don't need to get out often in the rear part of it as that is for sure more difficult to retrieve.  FYI...to properly vent that thing, when not in use I open the door all the way and place one of those noodles under it (so it's not so hard on the hinges).  It's always open like that when the cover is on and even all winter.  Let's it breathe much better.  I made the mistake of storing my U.S. flag there one time (just overnight) with the door closed and in that short amount of time had mildew on the flag already.  Pissed me off.

We put all the water toys down there.  It is a pain to dig through it all but I sure like having the space.

My storage is not efficient at all.  I keep nothing in it then stuff the cover and poles in it while boating. I did find out that the flooring can lift up.  It seems the previous users thought it was the perfect place to hide the empty Miller Lite cans.     Everything else goes under seats.  FYI, I didn't notice till the second year that the rear recliner seat padding lifts up.  It is the perfect storage for the tubing and ski ropes.  
 Seems like we all have the same level of frustration with such a big hole thats not really user friendly. Guess if we ever get caught out in a hail storm, it would be a good place to take cover.

It's always fun to find new hidden storage. I didn't realize there was a trash can and storage under the front port lounger back rest untill I just happened to see the hinge. Also if you have opted for the co-captain foreard facing lounge on the CW models, the center back peice is velcrowed in place. Nice little stash under there that you dont have to pull out the footrest/cooler to access.

Speaking of rear recliner removable coushons...has anyone ever had one fly out while trailering???

Seems like we all have the same level of frustration with such a big hole thats not really user friendly. Guess if we ever get caught out in a hail storm, it would be a good place to take cover.

It's always fun to find new hidden storage. I didn't realize there was a trash can and storage under the front port lounger back rest untill I just happened to see the hinge. Also if you have opted for the co-captain foreard facing lounge on the CW models, the center back peice is velcrowed in place. Nice little stash under there that you dont have to pull out the footrest/cooler to access.

Speaking of rear recliner removable coushons...has anyone ever had one fly out while trailering???
Dealer told me about that horror story from another customer, and I read it on here. I always remove mine when driving over 45 MPH and trailering. If they fly out when I'm going less than 45 on land, we'll have problems. There is a lot more jostling and bouncing when i'm going 45 on the water. They have not flown out yet.

Oh, and if you are like me and store your tubes and other stuff down there that has a fabric cover, be careful when pulling it out. I put a small tear in the cover of my new 3 person tube while trying to get it through the door. There are some sharp screws under there.

Hey Derrick, Is that you on the "Gallery" watersking with the sled dogs ????

If the guy had a red swimsuit, I would bet on it :p

I love the center storage when it's clean. That thing is cavernous! When I first got the boat there was a lot of water and wet papers down there. I opened it and could tell the compartment was starting to get a little nasty from sitting water and garbage. I guess when the dealership detailed it out they didn't get everything out and after a week or two of nasty water in the storage it was starting to get pretty ripe in there.

I took everything out and crawled into it to clean everything out. I keep a 4-pack of backup life jackets some swimming noodles and some flounder gigs and long poled crab nets. It's really great that it's that deep. When we go out for the day I put all of our inflatable tubes and extra life jackets down there. It beats having everything spread all over the boat. I just make sure to take the tubes and life jackets out so they can dry when ever we get done for the weekend. 

The distance from the back of the hole to the back of the storage area is just right to hold a couple plastic bins (available at WM or Lowes). I drilled holes in the plastic floor and in the aluminum flange on the top, the use bungees to hold the bins in place. There's still plenty of room in front of this for skis, wakeboard, noodles, etc.

image.jpg

Great idea Cam! I'm gonna have to look at those storage ideas

We have some of our stuff in waterproof bags which we just tie a rope to the handle.

Back