Ceramic coating - worth it

Buchananrj

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a new 20 foot SX we have splashed twice so far. I was at the Wharf boat show last weekend and ran across a company doing exterior and interior (not the tunes) ceramic coating. It’s about $3000.0 for our pontoon. Company is Premier Marine Detailing out of Biloxi but they do work in Orange Beach, AL. Interested if a) anybody has used this company and reviews and b) is ceramic coating worth the investment? Thanks

Its been brought up a few times here ,I don't recall if anyone has had it applied .

On all of mine I have used a spray wax while we are at the sand bar.

I've gotten a price to ceramic coat all 3 pontoons a couple seasons ago. $100 a foot. $2400. I just applied 3 coats of Sharkhide instead. As far as the panels and rails. I wax them at least twice a year. I wax the cowling 3 times a year......

I paid 2500 to have mine done with ceramic pro marine brand coating. All ceramic coating brands are not the same!!! Don't waste money having the toons done, I have already been down that road with not very good results. With that being said doing the boat itself has been fantastic. Takes very little effort to keep clean and I have no fading on any of the blackout package! I am very pleased .

1 Season In: We would wipe down the siding with Hot Sauce after every weekend of use. The water stains wiped away easily and the boat looks fantastic. With that said, it seems a quality Ceramic Coating every few years would really help prolong the vibrant coloring. I think the Brand is less important that the Service, from my research.

I paid 2500 to have mine done with ceramic pro marine brand coating. All ceramic coating brands are not the same!!! Don't waste money having the toons done, I have already been down that road with not very good results. With that being said doing the boat itself has been fantastic. Takes very little effort to keep clean and I have no fading on any of the blackout package! I am very pleased .
Awesome thanks. I think it’s worth it, just gotta convince the wife!

I didn’t think the difference was worth the money. I tried it on two front panels and simply used a sealer on the rest and frankly the ones with a sealer have better shine. I will say the painted surfaces on the pontoon don’t have the same clear coat as a car so that could be something. In my opinion, spending that money on keeping the toons bright and shinning is worth way more than ceramic coating the painted surfaces again, my .02

Most of those monster wave boats with the water ballast tanks are at least $150k and marinas on waterways (and all the other boaters) hate the waves they create. I would take a nice triple toon loaded Benny for less money every time. Better economy, crisp handling, and twice the deck space and can ski, wakeboard, toys, etc. Is riding a surfboard 10' behind boat at 12 mph really that cool????

I used a spray on ceramic coating last summer on my Malibu Wakesetter. I was shocked how well it worked. Water stains didn't happen because water beaded up and rolled off. I applied at start of season and reapplied some horizontal areas mid-summer. I sprayed on, and wiped off. Simple. Will be doing it again this year for sure. Highly recommend.

I just used turtle wax’s “Hybrid spray ceramic” on my 10 day old car. It is super easy to use, I smear that stuff on everything, glass, plastic, black trim (plastic or rubber?). It looks super nice and will hit boat with when it shows. It has tremendous reviews with YouTube folks. I asked the big ceramic guys about doing the car and they wanted 2-3 thousand. I did it for $15. Probably not as good but certainly good enough.

I used a spray on ceramic coating last summer on my Malibu Wakesetter. I was shocked how well it worked. Water stains didn't happen because water beaded up and rolled off. I applied at start of season and reapplied some horizontal areas mid-summer. I sprayed on, and wiped off. Simple. Will be doing it again this year for sure. Highly recommend.
What brand did you use?

Thanks, JB!

Most of those monster wave boats with the water ballast tanks are at least $150k and marinas on waterways (and all the other boaters) hate the waves they create. I would take a nice triple toon loaded Benny for less money every time. Better economy, crisp handling, and twice the deck space and can ski, wakeboard, toys, etc. Is riding a surfboard 10' behind boat at 12 mph really that cool????
We have had 2 tritoons over 14/15 yrs. after having a bowrider. We have tubed, skiied, slalomed, and wakeboarded behind them. It's like hanging out in your living room on the water! Love both of them. When we bought our current boat we found out that our salesman had a wakeboard boat. I told him that my wife and daughter was dying to learn how to wake surf and he took all of us. What a great experience! The boat had plenty of room! Comfortable plush seating and rode like a Cadillac! My wife and daughter quickly learned how to wake surf and had a blast! Me not so much! I fell about 100 different ways but had fun trying! I'm still a big tritoon fan but I can see why people love their wakeboards boats! And yes jhill it really is that cool to ride a surf board 10 feet behind a boat!!! (Cooler if I could have done it longer)

Back