Ceramic on vinyl

Fun stuff…. I know I have simtex, but got the following with the boat delivery…. No mention of simtex, but the url ends in /sim and I believe spradling manufacturers simtex

View attachment 32756
Those look like the updated Semtix cleaning instructions…which pretty much mimic their literature from the last 2 years or so. It’s tough for boat owners as some of the things people do, or want to do, void the furniture warranty.

Last edited:
Interesting, I saw a Ryobi model at Home Depot yesterday while there to get a deck brush to clean the water intakes of lake scum, lol…. Then searched for a dewalt as I’m locked in with tools and batteries already…. Seemed perfect. I don’t need high pressure, and don’t have access to clean water at the dock. The idea of bringing a few gallons to do a clean down every so after was appealing….

Speaking of…. Is using a little dawn (enough to barely suds things up), acceptable to use while the boat is on the water where the rinse will go in the lake? Is there ANY acceptable product to use that way?
I actually use lake water, during the season. Then fresh water for final rinse before storage. Same issue - had a bunch of Dewalt already - so spent the extra dollars for the Dewalt brand vs different batteries. I think the ultimate solution is a wash down system with a fine mist sprayer - that required time I did not have. I spot clean with Fantastik (found it worked better than Dawn). I would not run any soap directly into the lake / river like that - though I imagine there are some ecco friendly brands that you could use!?!?

No full strength bleach infers that a high concentration is fine. It's tempting because it will melt away stains, mold, but it will take it's toll long term on the vinyl and stitching. A touch of bleach, diluted in a 32oz spray bottle is more than enough.

Back