Change front lights

JSM

Reaction score
I have a 2014 2275 GCW with standard front lamps. I was thinking of changing them out to the lower profile lights available as an option. Has anyone done this? Do the existing holes line up? Is the coverage area on the carpet the same so as nothing would show from where the original lamps sat?

If I remember correctly the plastic housings are deeper than the stainless steel ones. Never done it myself. 

If you change them, you'll know. Totally different.

Our boat come with the stock plastic lights/mounts up front and we had them switched out at the dealer with the stainless ones before delivery.  The only thing that isn't covered by the stainless lights over the plastic ones is a single screw on the port and one on the starboard side aluminum rail as the stainless lights aren't as deep (front to back).  The dealer replaced the screw with a nice large head stainless rounded head screw (possible the original from the plastic lights...not sure) and if you didn't know it wasn't supposed to be there you wouldn't even notice it.

DSC01052_zps878d8e06.jpg

If you can zoom that picture a bit you'll see the screw between the light and the cleat along the port side edge of the boat......not very noticable.  If we wanted the bow trim replaced just because of that screw hole showing it was going to be on our dime and to the tune of several hundred dollars for the part + labor to change it out......we opted for a screw to fill the hole.

Here's the stock plastic lights before the change to stainless and the addition of the stainless rub rail as well.

2014Benn2250GSRRegatta-Champ3_zps486496f4.jpg

Thanks. I like the way that looks. Do you remember what the cost on the lights were w/o labor? I assume the wiring harness was interchangeable.

From our dealer the lights were around 300-350 (if I remember right) and the stainless rub rail is aftermarket and roughly another 500. We had all the work done at the dealer before we took delivery last April. Definitely like the look of the stainless lights and rub rail on the regatta blue/champaign boat.

Back