Changing color of panels with plasti dip

lakeliving

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried or thought about this? It looks like some pretty cool stuff. The possibilities would be endless for colors/designs. This might be a great option for Derrick once he gets his new tower model as he can just change the color to keep his wife and feel like he got another new boat! http://dipyourcar.com

Jeepers do all kinds of stuff with it, especially their wheels .....

I was thinking this could make for some interesting, non permanent panel colors. I'm not sure if it would work or not but I image it would. Maybe I'll do the buggy one day...

Yeah, everything I've read sounds cool, and if you don't like it, peel it off. Even the GTO crowd plastidip their wheels, body emblems, just about anything ...... And it can be touched up easily if scratched.

Has anyone ever tried or thought about this? It looks like some pretty cool stuff. The possibilities would be endless for colors/designs. This might be a great option for Derrick once he gets his new tower model as he can just change the color to keep his wife and feel like he got another new boat! http://dipyourcar.com
Derrick can dip his pontoons red too...

NOW you have my attention!! Red toons!! Maybe I'd do black and get a flame paint job done on them!! Bennington, even too hot for water!

PDX - I like your cooler mount in your gallery. I might steal that idea from you. Thinking about plastic dipping an old cooler to bring it new life on the boat.

I did that to all of my rims and the chrome logos and running boards on my truck. Murdered it out!

I put pics in my gallery.
Looks great. Did you use the spray bombs?

What are spray bombs? Is that another word for spray cans? :) yep, they work great. Here's a tip though. No direct sunlight, if you want a smoother finish, preheat the cans in a bucket of warm-hot water. If you want it lightly textured or hazy rather, put them in cool water. It affects the viscosity and how it lays out. Play around with different temps.

Looks good! Can you post "Before" pics????????

Yup .... Spray bombs = Aerosol cans ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe be careful HOW WARM, or you really will have a spray bomb!! Haha

Nice job PDX. Looks great.

Todd

Back