changing navigation lights

papajoe74

Reaction score
Hi. Just bought my first Bennington and couldn't be happier. I do have a Question though. My port (red) navigation light doesn't work. can anyone tell me how to change the bulb? Only one of the bolts that hold it on goes all the way through the deck. The second bolt does not go all the way through and just spins. Thanks inadvance for any info you might have.

Which year / model do you have? And welcome to the forum :)

Not sure what light design Bennington used in 2004. Having said that, every boat I've ever had the lens would either snap out or there would be a small screw holding it on. Maybe you could post a pic. Also you might try and call a dealer and see if they know how it comes off. Ask for someone in service. Probably a waste of time to ask a salesman :D

If the screw stripped out or the nut inside try and pull up on the lens while trying to back out the screw this will sometimes work to grab good threads, other wise you will probably need to break the lens and replace the whole light. I know its not what you want to hear but they are probably only a few bucks for a new one.

I know this an old thread - but in case it helps someone - one screw goes into a threaded insert into hull and the other screw has a nut and washer on underside plastic light base - you have to take the stern side screw out whole base (it has a nut on underside of deck) and losen the bow screw (it also has nut) and you can slide the plastic base toward you until the screw with nut clears the deck, then you can hold the nut with pliers while you unscrew the screw. I have no clue why they made this so hard to get to - and this is only way I could find to change the bulb, the bulb goes in from beneath the nav ficture. I just went through this yesterda - at the dock in the Alabama heat - too hard to change a dang bulb. The bulb was odd to me, it looks like an overgrown fuse.

Back