Changing the look. Anybody use wrap or just paint?

mikeb33

Reaction score
My 22SSRXP is black with a silver stripe. Boring and there is at least 3 like it on the lake. I've been thinking I'd like to change the stripe color to something very distinctive. Maybe a neon color like green or orange. How would I do it? Masking and spraying would probably be easiest but kind of permanent. I have been looking a 3M wraps too.
Anybody ever use a product like this? The side panels are wavy kind of like corrugated, would that be a nightmare to smooth out? How hard to remove if I change my mind?

mask off and use the plastidip paint it’s a rubberized paint made to peel off when you’re ready. There are some other brands to do the same too. I think rust oleum makes one.

I had my boat vinyl wrapped years ago. A local company called Tree Frog did it for us. We pretty much told them what we wanted and they designed it, printed it out, and installed it! They did a fantastic job! It's a heavy gauge vinyl and they can pretty much do anything you can think of. We went pretty much conservative for resale. Sold the
Boat at the beginning of the pandemic and it still looked great!!! If you are able to get into my Gallery I have before and after pics and the install.....

Go to Big Kahuna and look at his before and after pictures of a full boat wrap. Looks fantastic. If you have any questions sure he can advise

Amazing transformation on BK's boat!
Currently looking at Plasti Dip colors. Thanks.

The factory storm graphics on my boat appear to be a fancy vinyl, but vinyl nonetheless so I would think a wrap works just fine. Bass boats run these wraps and they hold up quite well.

My 22SSRXP is black with a silver stripe. Boring and there is at least 3 like it on the lake. I've been thinking I'd like to change the stripe color to something very distinctive. Maybe a neon color like green or orange. How would I do it? Masking and spraying would probably be easiest but kind of permanent. I have been looking a 3M wraps too.
Anybody ever use a product like this? The side panels are wavy kind of like corrugated, would that be a nightmare to smooth out? How hard to remove if I change my mind?
Mikeb33, How about a picture that might help?

The wrap on my former Benny.

IMG_3913.JPG

Back