Cleaning boat lift canopy cover/winter prep

lakeliving

Reaction score
I'm looking for some tips & tricks to cleaning a vinyl boat lift cover. I took mine off the lift yesterday and it has quite a few bugs and stuff stuck to the underside. I didn't realize how dirty that thing got over the past few months. I guess next year I will make sure to hose it off every once in a while.

I'm thinking of laying it out on the concrete slab, spraying with the hose and possibly using a mild cleaner and soft brush.

Curious though what others do.

I used a fairly strong detergent and the lowest setting on my pressure washer and it did a good job on my seadoo cover

After cleaning your canvas I recommend an antimicrobial spray. This will help defeat any mold or microbial growth, and the product I use has a six month residual. It is odorless invisible and non transferable. It is on my website under Bio Zone. www.environcleanmemphis.com. We don't sell the product but sell the service. I'm sure there are others out there that you can Google, or go to www.NOAI.com to find a local dealer. Stan

Sorry guys not talking about the canvas, talking about the vinyl canopy cover for my boat lift.

Not sure if it's available near you but our canvas guy in Lagrange has a giant industrial washing machine for this. They run it through there, dry it, fold it up properly, and put it back in the boat in storage for spring.

Haven't heard of that. Interesting. Thanks Tom

When we had our old pontoon I cleaned the vinyl bimini and the mildew on the seats with good old cheap "Awesome" cleaner from dollar general.  Half gallon of the stuff is 3 bux (or a small spray bottle for a dollar) and you can dilute it to use as other cleaners or straight for tough stains.  I'd say give it a try in a small spot before spraying the whole cover just to check the color fast of your vinyl.  Our bimini came out looking brand new (as new as you could get for a '96 boat) with a little soaking with the cleaner and a scrub brush used to wash cars/rv's and a garden hose (no power washer needed).

http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/html/Products_Degreaser.html

pDGC1-10603697v380.jpg

2242932010.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm going to tackle this project probably next weekend so we'll see.

Back