Cleaning Chilewich Vinyl Flooring?

dijman

Reaction score
I have a 2023 21SXSB. I have been having problems with the flooring getting a dirty / staining problem in the back where it is not covered by the boat cover. I also have a bit of the same issue on the front by the entrance gate. I have tried many things to clean it without success. I will contact Bennington directly but any other ideas to try?

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 30
That does look rather dramatic, particularly for such a newer boat. I know this is a silly quesiton, but just to verify, that back area is not wet, it’s dry and looks like that? Are you in an area that has dramatic dirt/dust, pollen or smoke exposure? For such a new boat, I would agree it looks bad. My 2017 swingback rear exposed area is starting to show some signs of sun/environmental exposure discoloration (very minor), but nothing like that. Has your dealership looked at it yet and given in explanation or ideas, or is that what you are doing in reaching out to Bennington (first point of contact is dealer as Bennington deals dealer direct, not customer direct)?

What color is the flooring suppose to be? The first picture looks beige. The other two look gray. Is someone building a house next to you? It looks like dirt...or oil...something filty. The only I have used, for stubborn stains, is Spray N Wash. But you should show that to your dealer. Something isn't right with the flooring.

Yeah…there was a bad batch of glue used a few years ago. It’s been a hot minute now though. Maybe 2018-19…? Always a possibility if other things are ruled out. Something certainly isn’t right with that rear flooring on such a newer boat.

Your pictures look very similar to my issue.
My boat has been stuck on a lift since last August. When I brought it down the other day, the rear floor stain is almost gone but now boat has staining in the front. Not a clue what is going on. The dealer said last July they were going to replace it under warranty, it was scheduled for Oct. Then in August we lost all power to the dock and boat became stuck. They will ship it out to a company in SC for the replacement, when I bring it in.

Last edited:
You can try to clean the area all you want but.......Looks like a glue bleed through on your seagrass flooring. I went through the same thing on our seagrass. Contact your dealer to get the process started to have it replaced under warranty.....

Thanks all. I visited my dealer and he believes it is glue bleed through the seagrass flooring. (The areas on the boat that are always in the sun are the areas affected.) My dealer will contact Bennington.

If it’s any kind of glue issue, they should take care of that for you. Maybe a hassle having your boat sent in for it, but at least it can get rectified. And the nice thing is until they can get it in to take care of the work, it’s fully useable in the meantime. Glad the dealership is assisting with getting that organized for you.

Back