Cleaning Sawgrass Flooring

DanielG

Reaction score
Hey guys,
A week or so ago I took my little Harbor Freight "el cheapo" pressure washer and washed down the mooring cover to remove all the pollen and then gently pressure washed the side panels and front and rear deck of the sawgrass flooring that were exposed while cover was still on. I got a lot of pollen and dirt washed off of the flooring. A couple days later we removed the cover and took her for a spin (SO NICE). However, I noticed that my sawgrass flooring that was not able to be pressure washed didn't look nearly as clean. I am planning on doing the same process on the main flooring inside the deck walls with a very light pressue to clean the sawgrass flooring but thought I would ask you guys first if that could mess up anything or if there is a better way to clean the flooring?
Thanks in advance.

Never used the pressure washer to clean our seagrass flooring. The only part of our pontoon boats we have used it on are the pontoons itself at the end of the season. Just don't feel comfortable using it on that material......

Ok, went ahead and did it. Light pressure and held it off the flooring about 8-10". Worked perfectly and looks as good as the day I bought it. Spray nozzle on the water hose might have done just as good but the air pressure helped to blow the dirt in the direction I wanted it to go.

Ok, went ahead and did it. Light pressure and held it off the flooring about 8-10". Worked perfectly and looks as good as the day I bought it. Spray nozzle on the water hose might have done just as good but the air pressure helped to blow the dirt in the direction I wanted it to go.
What pressure is yours? I found this and just ordered it to give it a try. Hopefully it works half as good as I’m hoping. Should be enough pressure to rinse nicely but not too much. You can throw the intake in the lake, attach to a hose, a bottle of water or put the intake in a bucket. Very versatile.

What pressure is yours? I found this and just ordered it to give it a try. Hopefully it works half as good as I’m hoping. Should be enough pressure to rinse nicely but not too much. You can throw the intake in the lake, attach to a hose, a bottle of water or put the intake in a bucket. Very versatile.
I got the Portland 1750psi, little electric one. I turned the nozzle to the widest spray (less pressure) and held it up off the floor 8-10". It did a great job, especially on the lower plastic molded portion of the seats. I even hit a spot or two on the seats themselves. Just be careful not to get it too close. I will be doing this same thing next time it needs a good cleaning. Also cleaned my dock and pontoons with it. Works great for $79.

I have the worx pressure washer and it does a nice job on loose dirt. Pressure is not as strong as a motorized pressure washer. I find it safe for pretty much all parts of my pontoon ( not strong enough to clean dirty logs) Being able t put the supply hose in the lake is really convenienot.

I have the worx pressure washer and it does a nice job on loose dirt. Pressure is not as strong as a motorized pressure washer. I find it safe for pretty much all parts of my pontoon ( not strong enough to clean dirty logs) Being able t put the supply hose in the lake is really convenienot.
Glad to hear a real world review. The one I ordered is 350 PSI so should be perfect for spraying down the deck and seats. Wanted something for when we are swimming at the sandbar and dragging muck onto the boat. For the toons I have a 2000 PSI sprayer at home I will use when it’s on the trailer. Thanks again!

Back