Cleaning sea grass floor

Welcome Carol! Maybe you could be more specific. Stains? General clean up, etc.?

It looks like stains but it’s actually where we put a rug down to get up on to the boat and left it with the sun beating down on the rug when we move the rug it was a pinky orange color now we can’t get it up but the rug is black so not sure what it is

It looks like stains but it’s actually where we put a rug down to get up on to the boat and left it with the sun beating down on the rug when we move the rug it was a pinky orange color now we can’t get it up but the rug is black so not sure what it is
Running into people all the time buying rugs to circumvent the heat. Then they leave them down, and once they ever do take them up, they have two different floor colors. It's bleeding from the rug, trapped moisture underneath the rug, and the sun not supplying equal exposure across the entire floor. Or some combination of the 3. I would never leave a rug down beyond your time on the boat.....as in from morning till evening. Put it down daily. Don't leave it for days or weeks.

Running into people all the time buying rugs to circumvent the heat. Then they leave them down, and once they ever do take them up, they have two different floor colors. It's bleeding from the rug, trapped moisture underneath the rug, and the sun not supplying equal exposure across the entire floor. Or some combination of the 3. I would never leave a rug down beyond your time on the boat.....as in from morning till evening. Put it down daily. Don't leave it for days or weeks.
We put it down when we go home and take it up when we go off so it wouldn’t down long enough for sun to change the color, so I have no clue what it is.

I’d try Simple Green and a soft brush and then expose it to the sun. Good luck!

Carol,
Well, you may have a problem. We too put a rug down but we wet it real good to aid in NOT buring our feet to death when we walk around or get in and out of the boat when beached. But this doesn't help you. As far as cleaning these type floors, Luxury Vinyl Flooring (which is what you and many of us have) is pretty tough stuff. When we first purchased our '14 RCL25 with the Yamaha 350HP F-350 on it, the boat had resided in an RV garage for its entire life of 5 years. It had a mere 24 hours on it.
It never saw the sun unless the previous owner was using it and we'd been in it twice in those 24 hours. But, when we bought it and brought it home, we knew that even though it was in an RV garage, it still needed a very thorough cleaning. And that included the Seagrass vinyl flooring. Well, what I ended up using on that floor was *409 Multi-Surface Cleaner*. I was actually amazed that, that floor actually changed colors when I cleaned it. I used a pretty darn stiff brush for scrubbing it. I'd do about a 2' x 2' section at a time. And, it (the 409) was in a spray bottle so I used it straight, not diluted. I'd spray enough to get that 2' x 2' area good and wet. Then I'd get on it with that brush in all directions. Then, I had a pail of HOT water next to me and I'd use one of those Costco yellow microfiber towels wrung out of the hot water and wipe down the area I just scrubbed.

On a 26' boat, that process took the better part of about three or more hours. But that floor came out very, very nice. Now, will any of this help you and your situation, not a clue. But it might be worth a try. The 409 Multi-surface-cleaner did not do any harm to our Benny floor. It simply cleaned it.
Scott

What’s the best way to clean the seagrass floors?
I had some really good results using the Starbrite cleaner this past weekend. Also purchased based on safety use near the water....overall really good results for not a lot of $$....http://www.starbrite.com/item/ultimate-pontoon-deck-cleaner

I had some really good results using the Starbrite cleaner this past weekend. Also purchased based on safety use near the water....overall really good results for not a lot of $$....http://www.starbrite.com/item/ultimate-pontoon-deck-cleaner
I use this cleaner as well. A little goes a LONG way. Floors get very slippery when scrubbing it in, try not to slip and bust your behind like I have done

I have used this cleaner from the Dollar store if I need plastic, vinyl, or carpet cleaned. Great stuff! Just follow directions and dilute if needed. Screenshot_20220916-231628.png

Back