Cleaning with Bottom paint

kozzy

Reaction score
Hello all. I keep my benny in salt water here on the gulf coast of Florida. It has been bottom painted, back in November, I want to pull it from the water and clean it this week. I have pressure washed painted boats before, but from fresh water with no barnacles. I have some small ones on there. Will the pressure washer get it pretty clean? Also any tips on lifting one side at a time from the bunks for cleaning? I don't have the required cinder blocks or wood blocks to do a complete lift off the trailer. Thanks

Hello all. I keep my benny in salt water here on the gulf coast of Florida. It has been bottom painted, back in November, I want to pull it from the water and clean it this week. I have pressure washed painted boats before, but from fresh water with no barnacles. I have some small ones on there. Will the pressure washer get it pretty clean? Also any tips on lifting one side at a time from the bunks for cleaning? I don't have the required cinder blocks or wood blocks to do a complete lift off the trailer. Thanks
Be careful with high pressure washing. I would worry about taking the paint off. I could be wrong.......

Yeah, wont be doing extreme pressure, just enough to clean it. I have done many many fiberglass boats with bottom paint before with good results, but they were all fresh water, no barnacles, just slim. Thought process is the paint should be preventing growth from sticking, and it should wash off fairly easily

I pressure wash mine about half way though our season and again at the end. Never had a problem taking the paint off. I get on a mechanics creeper and hit the bottom of the toons between the bunks and it seems to get everything. I've watched a couple videos on blocking the boat up off the trailer. Too many moving parts for my comfort. And I get underneath when I'm pressure washing, so I'd rather have that trailer there to support the boat.

Back