Concerned new owner

Jim & Mikki

Reaction score
We just ordered a 2275GCW. This is our first pontoon boat and we thought that the Bennington was the one to buy. I have now been reading all of the horror stories about fueling and getting fuel spilled and taking as long as 20 minutes to fill up. After hearing all of the stories I'm wondering if I made a mistake in my decision. Does Bennington have this problem with all boats? Should I regret my decision to order this boat???

I have a 2010 20SLI and have not had any problems at all ... fueling has never been an issue. Fuel goes in fast and no spilling. This is the first boat I have owned and I love my Bennington! I have a SeaDoo jet ski and love it as well! :rolleyes:

Hello guys. I just received my third Bennington since 2000. They are the boat to have, your're gonna love it. I just filled my new 2575RCW up for the first time and had no problems whatsoever. 55 gallon centerfuel tank. I fill slowly though, about 8 gal. a minute. My SeaDoos likewise. Someone did have a post about perhaps the incline of the boat when filling the center tank due to filler neck being on the lower end. Seems reasonable, but as I said I have never experienced filling problems. You just cannot latch the nozzle wide open like in your auto. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to take reassurance in is the fact that Bennington stands behind its product and the people who buy them. At least as far as I've seen. I'm waiting my second one, a 2275RCW, but I remember when my zipper broke on my bimini top, I called my dealer and they were able to get me a new one without issue under warranty (my 'old' boat was an '09 2075GLi). I'm sure that since Team Bennington is a regular reader/responder to this forum that they have read the stated issue and are seeing if there is a design issue or a way to resolve it. You'll love it. No other brand stands out like them, IMHO.

Derrick

We took delivery of our 2275gcw about 6 weeks ago, we have had no problems. The only problem I'm having is the weather has been rain for the last week. Sun our this morning and we are headed out as I type.

Steve

We just ordered a 2275GCW. This is our first pontoon boat and we thought that the Bennington was the one to buy. I have now been reading all of the horror stories about fueling and getting fuel spilled and taking as long as 20 minutes to fill up. After hearing all of the stories I'm wondering if I made a mistake in my decision. Does Bennington have this problem with all boats? Should I regret my decision to order this boat???
We just took delivery of our new Bennington 2012 2575 RCW I/O 300 HP. Took it to the pumps and started to fuel. Their was no issues what so ever. LOVE this water craft. Everything worked awesome.

Believe me it is a marine industry issue not a Bennington issue.

I have been around a lot of brands sizes and types of boats and water crafts and have seen lot of them have this same issue while fueling up.My last toon was a 2007 Benny and it was a pain to fill but my 2011 Benny fills ok just need to fuel it slower than wide open on the nozzle.

Just one of those quirks that one learns to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
J&M, I have a 2011 2275GCW and I do have fuel fill-up issues. The best thing for me is to fill very slowly but no matter what I have spillage. I can deal with the fuel fill-up problem because the rest of the boat is awesome. We love our boat and I'm sure you will too. Bennington boats are the standard in pontoon boats.

Back