Cost of outboards?

the-little-B

Reaction score
This is from a friend of a friend info here. Friend bought a new Harris pontoon with a 200hp merc on it. The info relayed to me was that it was a $33k engine. Is that what they cost nowadays or is it mistaken info? I have no idea. All I have is a lowly , cheap 90hp!

This morning the White 300hp Yamaha with integrated steering is MSRP 29K, so mistaken info.

This is copied from the Bennington build site .
List price
200 HP Mercury V6 4S DTS 25 IN $14,346
Here is a link to the build site

Thanks guys. Isn’t the price on the build page the extra on top of the base engine spec’d for that certain model? For example if model “x” is spec’d out with a 50hp as standard equipment the 14k is the cost of the upgrade so its 14k plus whatever a 50hp costs? I haven’t been on the build page in a few years now.

A 50 hp is the base motor that is built into the price when your make your motor brand selection .If you were to order a 9.9, 25 or a 40 .The base price comes down accordingly

The prices listed are when you order a new boat . If its a repower , that's a completely different story

Thanks guys. Isn’t the price on the build page the extra on top of the base engine spec’d for that certain model? For example if model “x” is spec’d out with a 50hp as standard equipment the 14k is the cost of the upgrade so its 14k plus whatever a 50hp costs? I haven’t been on the build page in a few years now.
One data point:

One of the large marine dealers in Northern Michigan has Mercury 200 HP outboards for $18,200. The 50 HP is $7,600.

Interesting on the availability listings .

Brochure

Thanks guys. Isn’t the price on the build page the extra on top of the base engine spec’d for that certain model? For example if model “x” is spec’d out with a 50hp as standard equipment the 4k is the cost of the upgrade so its 14k plus whatever a 50hp costs? I haven’t been on the build page in a few years now.
You're correct the $14346 is the price of the upgrade over the base 50 HP

Thanks again. I was pretty sure the numbers from my buddy were not correct.

A good rule of thumb is roughly $100 per horsepower, that's what we've always guesstimated on

Back