Cover for 2550 GBR

uncrate

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 2013 Bennington 2550 GBR as a project but unfortunately, it does not have a cover. Also, since is was unlucky enough to buy it last week, I missed out on ordering one through Tumac directly as so many of you have recommended on other threads since they no longer take orders until 2023. Any suggestions for an interim cover or recommend local shops (if within metro Detroit)?

Last edited:
Local canvas shop. Sunbrella is a good choice of fabric .

Idk about where you guys are, but a local canvas shop charges a fortune to custom make a cover.

I'm in Michigan. I will be having my new cover extended to cover the bow.

Idk about where you guys are, but a local canvas shop charges a fortune to custom make a cover.
There is a mobile canvas shop about 2 to 2 1/2 miles from our house. He pulled up where we kept our boat for winter storage and custom made our Sunbrella mooring cover onsite for our old Bennington I/0. Took him 1 afternoon. Included 5 poles and of course he matched up all the snaps and put extra material where we requested it. (Windshield, where our mirror was mounted, EZ fenders, etc ) Custom cover for our 22 ft. Bennington was $2000. Money well worth it and well spent!

There is a mobile canvas shop about 2 to 2 1/2 miles from our house. He pulled up where we kept our boat for winter storage and custom made our Sunbrella mooring cover onsite for our old Bennington I/0. Took him 1 afternoon. Included 5 poles and of course he matched up all the snaps and put extra material where we requested it. (Windshield, where our mirror was mounted, EZ fenders, etc ) Custom cover for our 22 ft. Bennington was $2000. Money well worth it and well spent!
Wow. Does he do trailering covers, too ?

In Michigan as well. I sent a request to several places last night but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I'm up near the bridge, sorry .

I know the main canvas shop/sower I am aware of and see advertising near us in the Houghton Lake on FB posted about a month ago they only had room for a few more jobs in 2022, so to reach out asap if one wanted any work done.

On a 2013 you most likely had snaps (i did on my 2014). The canvas shop will need your boat to line up the snaps

It does have snaps. I reached out to a few people and provided them with pictures but nothing yet. I hoping it will be somewhat reasonable 1 - 1.5K or am I dreaming?

Close but I believe at least 2k. You may be able to get a lesser quality material but if you are investing that much. Get the best you can . Just my opinion.

Close but I believe at least 2k. You may be able to get a lesser quality material but if you are investing that much. Get the best you can . Just my opinion.
That has been the ball bark I've been getting so far. Is that on par what I would spend from the factory? I just have my brother-in-law telling me he spent 1K for a new cover from a Bennington dealer in Indiana. Granted that was 5 years ago and inflation has been crazy lately.

Im not sure what a cover from the factory would cost now ,if you could even get one .My suggestion would be keep checking boat dealers who have a canvas shop . I had a cover replaced under warranty in 2016 .I know what the dealer charged for the warranty work and it was more that 1K

I'm assuming now based on prices it was just overstock items they had laying around and blowing it out as his was a 2006 Bennington.

I stopped by the canvas shop at my dealer , $2400 for a Sunbrella for mine .They are booked up until fall .

Back