Cover for the front and back outside the standard cover?

GS6

Reaction score
Has anyone designed or found a source for a cover that extends beyond the standard Surlast cover that comes with your boat, specifically the floor areas outside the rails at the back. I have the swing-back option with the chrome rail that goes around it at the back. The standard cover goes under the rail and snaps to the engine hole area but leaves the port and starboard stern floor areas exposed to the elements. Likewise, the front floor, outside the gate, is exposed, though I'm less concerned about that area as it's fully inside my boat house. I'd be most interested in a cover extension that wraps around the swing-back rail and fastens to the outside corners at the stern. I'm also interested in a "bib" that would extend down to the gunnels on the sides to protect the colored areas on the side of the boat.

I have never found anything that is marketed (2017 Swingback). The only advice I received, that makes sense, is to have some sort of cover extension or totally new cover made by a local canvas shop. I am sure that would take care of the issue, but until my OEM cover is no good, I don’t want to spend more money on the issue. So far my floors are doing well and really do look new, but I don’t like them being uncovered in each rear-corner either.

Reactions: GS6
I am just starting to sew a full boat cover ince the original one was shredded via Hurricane Ian. It will cover all outside floor decking on side and front and back. When I’m done, I’ll post it. 30 yards of waterproof fabric! Wish me luck.

Back