Critique my build please

Rffanatic, right around $35k is my price range. When I priced out a 2014 2375GCW with the options I wanted then took 30% off msrp I wound up in the low $40s. Gotta stop somewhere or we'd all be driving a Q lol. You were quoted 30% off msrp, that's as good as seems to get from what I can tell. Keep in mind I was initially hoping to buy a 2-3 year old Benny with 150hp and SPS for $25k but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. I'm in the car business and the way used boats hold their value just doesn't compute in my mind lol. You can buy a three year old $100k BMW or Mercedes for roughly 50% of original msrp! Not even close to that with a boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, thank you for the list, much easier to have it all right there in front of you than trying to figure out the differences using their website! They should have an easy list like that to differentiate all the ranges.

And for those in the higher stratospheres, here is what they provided as differences between the G and the R:

G/R Differences:
>
> Console size/design/instrument cluster
> Helm chair size/design
> Upholstery detailing and optional stitch patterns (like diamond cut) R only
> Exterior rail detailing and length of verticals
> Portable cupholder wood trim R only
> Fold-down chaise armrest in R only
> Stainless grab bar (at console) R only
> M-6 Stereo installed beneath console with remote pad on helm R only
> Fiberglass helm door R only
> Stainless docking lights standard on R, optional G
> Heavy duty rubrail standard on R, optional on G

I highly recommend the vinyl floor upgrade with snap out carpet. It is our favorite option.

Nice list JTaylor, Great info for those trying to decide.  I think the R seats are upgraded over the G's as well, least that was one of the things I remember the dealer told me when he was trying to get me to buy the R over the G <_<   Did you find that somewhere or just worked it out yourself?

Yes, the R seats curve out to make them a bit wider at the seat back against helm.

Nice list JTaylor, Great info for those trying to decide.  I think the R seats are upgraded over the G's as well, least that was one of the things I remember the dealer told me when he was trying to get me to buy the R over the G <_<   Did you find that somewhere or just worked it out yourself?
My dealer got the lists from someone at the factory as I was trying to decide between an S and G.  The economics really pointed us to the S when we figured out just what features were important to us and what we could easily upgrade if desired.

John

The R captain's chair was an optional upgrade on the 2012 S models. Sounds like you can't get that option anymore on the S...

Back