Cup holder and throttle

JCinNC

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen a workaround for this?  The cup holder on the helm cannot be used if the throttle is more than 40%-50%.  

I looked for another post but couldn't find any reference to it.

gallery_5184_730_1884256.jpg

On my last boat, I installed some flip down cup holders that worked very well.  It appears that you have plenty of space to put one to the left and down the side of the helm from your existing cup holder unless the slope is too severe.  Try the link here -    http://www.replacementboatparts.com/taupefoldingdrinkholder.aspx

They're are many versions of this on the web.

I have a solution.  I put my deck shoes on the floor to my right ,  I put my adult beverage in a   shoe.  It is out of the sun and has never spilled.

The new problem is where do you hide your phone so it doesn't overheat   Our 2575 has a little pocket that is great but the newer boats don't seem to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit its a Bit of a "Fail"  but for much of my operation the throttle is not near that so its dosent get in the way.

I took one of the Lounger Cup holders and removed the piece that slides into the seat base to hold it there and I place the cup holder on the ground so your drink in now lower and out of the sun.

BTW if you have not tryed drink "Huggies"  you have to try them keeps your drink cold all the way to the last sip. BTW "coozies" are for cans and "huggies" are for bottles.

I will post a picture of my set up later

Maybe a safety feature. When you are drinking it forces you to drive slower. Sorry this does not help the problem but just a thought.

It's a balancing act for me. I have the same helm shown in that picture.

But this is my standard-issue glass.

If I go over 3,000rpm, my drink spills. And life's too short to drink cheap scotch. So...throttle percent is a function of drink-spillage, not glassware. 

But in all seriousness, if it's a can of coke or a can of beer, you can throttle all the way up. If you have a big cup, you can get to maybe 50%. A red solo cup (sing with me), you can get to about 80% throttle without hitting.

The pain-in-the-butt drink for the cupholder design is a water bottle. But for water bottles, I just put the cap on and set it next to my seat if I'm going to haul a$$ somewhere. 

My dealer called it "The Beer Throttle Governor". I put a flip down holder from West Marine on the throttle helm panel even with helm seat height. Works great for my new Yeti tumbler.

Back