Cup Holders

kaydano

Reaction score
You know what's funny? We bought two regular cup holders (for the bench/couch seats) and keep them in storage because we open the couches to get to the storage compartment so often that the cup holders are more hassle than they are worth. I might as well bring them home and use them on the couches in the living room.

We didn't get one for the love lounger, and that's the one we would have used the most if we had it! The lounger cushions do come off (back and seat) but they are velcroed tightly and difficult to get off, and not real practical areas for storage due to the gas hoses and charcoal canister being in there.

So, new SSL buyers, you might consider getting the lounger cup holder instead of the couch cup holders.

This is a very minor point, but yet another thing I would do differently if I had to do it over.

Which I will eventually (do it over that is).

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, you SSL owners, did you know the butt and back cushions of the lounger actually come off???

It took me a long time to figure that out, but they do, and there's usable space in there (but not for stuff you'd want to use very often).

I'll second that, on the cup holders. I got them on my 2012 20SL, and quickly buried them. I quickly traded up to a 2013 2275RLCP, and they came with boat. I think they are destined for the garage.

I'll second that, on the cup holders. I got them on my 2012 20SL, and quickly buried them. I quickly traded up to a 2013 2275RLCP, and they came with boat. I think they are destined for the garage.
Had them on my 2012 17 SL never used them and had to move them every time I opened a seat.

I can't believe even the 2013 20 SL has no trash container which is needed most.

I love my Benni's, but Tracker brags of their covered trash containers and how they keep waterways clean.

I actually listed and sold mine on ebay for $40.00 plus $12 shipping each and they sold in less than a week. better than sitting in garage or taking up space in boat! Also, my 2275GCW has 2 different perfect trash can storage places.

I actually listed and sold mine on ebay for $40.00 plus $12 shipping each and they sold in less than a week. better than sitting in garage or taking up space in boat! Also, my 2275GCW has 2 different perfect trash can storage places.
I am just curious but don't the new boats come with a garbage can under the starboard seat back in front of the helm? Ours is 6 years old but came with the garbage can. Maybe it's just an "R" and up feature.

You guys aren't relaxing enough... Have 2 sets of cup holders on my 20SLi and wish I had a third. Guess I don't seem to be in and out of the storage areas that much and appreciate not having to hold my drink all the time if sitting in the front seat area. Regarding a trash can/bag, I also wish there was one. I can remember checking the boat out on the first day and hoping to find one, but there wasn't one. Anybody rig up a nice compromise in the helm or seat back cushion area like they add onto kitchen cabinets??

We have 2 moveable 2 drink cup holders, being smokers, one spot for the drink, one spot for the "sealed' ashtray.

As far as the trashcan, we found a Rubbermaid can to fit the spot under the seat, but it's too much hassle to open the seat when you need to throw that drink can away, so we just leave it out by the port gate.

I put a 1/2 brick in the bottom before i put the bag in to keep it from moving around too much.

The 2011 rcw has trash can in port facing lounger across from helm. Lift the head cushion up, and it's inside there

My 2575 RCW came with two trashholders underneath both port recliners. Gerry

We put a trash can in the compartment behind the helm chair. It is the only wood based storage area in the boat and never seems to dry out. You can not use it for any storage. Throw a black bag in the can at the start of the day and grab it on the way out. Since it is not a seat, nothing gets on top and in the way of opening it.

I agree with the "you guys aren't relaxing enough" comment. We use our cup holders all the time and passengers seem to like them based on comments I have heard As far as trash goes, we carry a small Rubbermaid trash can for wrappers, sandwich bags and junk like that fits perfectly behind the helm seat, but when we have empty cans etc, we usually just throw them in the big cooler we bring along for the ride. No issues here what so ever, we just like being on the water.

Our front couches (on the SSL) are by far the easiest to get into. So, bimini boot, playpen cover and posts, 5 fenders, 2 anchors and ropes, 8 life jackets and everyone's shoes all go in (and out of) there. With that list of stuff that's used almost every trip out, we're opening and closing them quite a bit, and I'm usually WAY too relaxed to move cup holders around. ;)

We keep them on board though, and use them as needed. Even without them, there are about 2.7 permanent cupholders per passenger...

My 2575 RCW came with two trashholders underneath both port recliners. Gerry
Frigin' Gerry, always gotta one up us! Haha

Derrick

Back