Cupholder Lighting Install

Reaction score
Just got my new 2019 Bennington a few weeks back so I am exploring ways to make it even better. I am looking for any info that might be out there on adding the wiring to improve my existing RGB lighting system in my 20SSRCXP. I have cupholders that appear to be the lighted type as they have the clear ring to illuminate the light, just no wiring. There are 3 extra RGB circuits available under the helm to expand the system. Just looking for any info from people that may have done this or at least researched it. Is this harness / LED's available from Bennington parts? If anyone has a picture of factory harness that hooks to the underside of the cupholder that would help too.

Thanks!

Dan

Bumping this back up. Nobody has added the LEDs to the cup holders aftermarket? We have the clear rings on all our cup holders, but didn't get the LEDs. Seems like it would be easy to add if we had the right part.

I have learned more since writing this post. The LED itself along with the wiring is the only missing from my boat to get this working. The cupholder is the right cupholder (Part Number 81429SS304) but the cupholder with the LED on the bottom is part number 81429SS304-RGB. I sourced 4 of them on ebay OEM from the maker ITC and will be doing the install this weekend. Very cool upgrade for reasonable money. I just need to make the harness to wire into the extra RGB connectors under the helm. Should be a relatively easy 4 wire harness for the 2 cupholders on the helm and a longer one to run to the 2 other seats with cupholders to make all 4 lighted.

Attachments

• 20190626_181136.jpg
    20190626_181136.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 123
I have learned more since writing this post. The LED itself along with the wiring is the only missing from my boat to get this working. The cupholder is the right cupholder (Part Number 81429SS304) but the cupholder with the LED on the bottom is part number 81429SS304-RGB. I sourced 4 of them on ebay OEM from the maker ITC and will be doing the install this weekend. Very cool upgrade for reasonable money. I just need to make the harness to wire into the extra RGB connectors under the helm. Should be a relatively easy 4 wire harness for the 2 cupholders on the helm and a longer one to run to the 2 other seats with cupholders to make all 4 lighted.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any more pictures of what those new cupholders look like? Is it just the ring at the top, or is it the whole cupholder? How is the top clear piece lighted? With LEDs in the ring, or just an LED at the bottom of the cupholder?

I'll get some better pictures when I do the install this weekend. The LED strip sits in the plastic groove at the bottom of the cupholder held in by clear silicone. The light from the LED's is transmitted up through the clear plastic to the top.

Stay tuned for more PIC's...

I'll get some better pictures when I do the install this weekend. The LED strip sits in the plastic groove at the bottom of the cupholder held in by clear silicone. The light from the LED's is transmitted up through the clear plastic to the top.

Stay tuned for more PIC's...

Thanks! I actually just found them on Amazon with the P/N you shared earlier, which has a bunch of pics. For any interested, here's the link to buy on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-VersiColor-Stainless-Steel-Holder/dp/B077W53GRF

They're $25/each. There are 13 cupholders on our 25 SSBXP, so will end up costing close to $400 to add this with a controller and wiring, etc. Not too bad for lighting up 13 of them!

I like to tackle adding these to our boat and I've got a couple questions.
Are the LED's 12v or are they some sort of a low voltage type and that low voltage is supplied by the controller? I would only need the blue lights, because I have only blue lights on my speakers. I was hoping I could just run 2 wires and hook them up to a extra 12v Acc switch on the dash and not use a controller?

Not sure how to answer your question but the late model Bennington's with RGB seem to use an RGB contoller and Versicolor system made by ITC Marine. You should be able to research that here. I do know that they make a 2 wire blue only cupholder as I have seen it on their website and available elsewhere. Not exactly sure how it is powered with or without a controller.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product-category/lighting/versicolor-versicontrol/

Why, on any lake, on any planet would ANYONE need lighted cup holders...?

Not sure how to answer your question but the late model Bennington's with RGB seem to use an RGB contoller and Versicolor system made by ITC Marine. You should be able to research that here. I do know that they make a 2 wire blue only cupholder as I have seen it on their website and available elsewhere. Not exactly sure how it is powered with or without a controller.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product-category/lighting/versicolor-versicontrol/

Thanks for that link, they do make a single color cup holder that doesn't need a controller.
Just to clarify, I have a 2019 G model. It comes with speakers and the "G" logo on the helm that light up blue with a switch on the dash. I don't really need the RBG cup holders, but I thought if it was simpler it would look nice at the dock to have the cup holders light up blue to match the blue speaker lights I have.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link, they do make a single color cup holder that doesn't need a controller.
Just to clarify, I have a 2019 G model. It comes with speakers and the "G" logo on the helm that light up blue with a switch on the dash. I don't really need the RBG cup holders, but I thought if it was simpler it would look nice at the dock to have the cup holders light up blue to match the blue speaker lights I have.

I "think" if you have the lighted speakers from the factory, they are RGB and just need the controller to make them go different colors. I could be wrong on this one, but should be able to confirm if there are 4 different color wires coming off the back of the speakers for the LEDs instead of just 2.

I was wondering if you ever got a chance to install these lights. Getting ready to do a few myself along with side lighting and underwater lighting

I did 2 of the 4 possible for my pontoon. If your boat is equipped as mine, pretty straightforward to install. Just a matter of connecting the 4 wires properly

Back