Custom Fender Mounts

Well Gang,
We looked at many ways of securing fenders for our new Benny. I wanted simplicity, ease of use, consistency, no storage problems AND, no interfearance with the cover. So, we opted for these:

I custom sewed webbing for the connection between the fender and the mechanism that attached to the boat. Not showing in the picture(s) are some small, 2.5" stainless steel carabeeners that adapt my sewed webbing to the rings on the rail clips. When it comes time to deploy the fenders, , you just reach into the storage under the seat, grab a fender and the clip, just clips onto the square tubing, DONE! The fenders are rectangular 36" units that, due to that length, can compensate for any odd dock height differences WITHOUT changing length(s) on the webbing, even though I made them TO be adjustable.
Scott

P.S. One of the pics shows the fender and rail clip on my work bench with initially a rope as the connection. Well, I decided I didn't like the looks of the rope and, decided to change to webbing. To me, a bit more cleaner looking and, WAAAAAAAAAAY easier to adjust, if and when needed.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 64
Pretty cool. Haven't seen those before.....

Well Gang,
We looked at many ways of securing fenders for our new Benny. I wanted simplicity, ease of use, consistency, no storage problems AND, no interfearance with the cover. So, we opted for these:

I custom sewed webbing for the connection between the fender and the mechanism that attached to the boat. Not showing in the picture(s) are some small, 2.5" stainless steel carabeeners that adapt my sewed webbing to the rings on the rail clips. When it comes time to deploy the fenders, , you just reach into the storage under the seat, grab a fender and the clip, just clips onto the square tubing, DONE! The fenders are rectangular 36" units that, due to that length, can compensate for any odd dock height differences WITHOUT changing length(s) on the webbing, even though I made them TO be adjustable.
Scott

P.S. One of the pics shows the fender and rail clip on my work bench with initially a rope as the connection. Well, I decided I didn't like the looks of the rope and, decided to change to webbing. To me, a bit more cleaner looking and, WAAAAAAAAAAY easier to adjust, if and when needed.
Scott
What a great idea! Where did you go to get the webbing /straps sewed? Any advice would be helpful. Just bought my first Bennington and looking for a convenient fender. Thanks

I did the sewing. I have a commercial walking foot Sailrite LSZ-1 sewing machine which makes that kind work, really fun & easy. As stated, the rail clips are attached to each bumper/fender and take less than 1second to attach or detach to the top rail.
Of course you need the correct width top rail which, almost all Benny’s and other pontoons have. They have ZERO affect on the figment of the boat cover simply because, THEY’RE NOT THERE when the cover is applied!
Scott

Back