Cut In Vinyl Seat

riversouthern

Reaction score
Took delivery of 2012 20SLI in March of this year. Have 18 hours on the boat. While cleaning the boat prior to installing the cover this Sunday evening found a small cut (approx.3/16 inch) in the vinyl of one of seats. Just in the vinyl coating not in the fabric underneath.

Have no idea how when or why but there it is.

Bought a new 22 ft Bennnington in 1999 and used it for 11 years. Must have had good luck with this boat because the seats looked as good as new when I sold it. No cuts, no tears, no problems with the seams etc

That is one reason I bought a another Bennnington.

Note I'm particular about my boats but get full use out of them. They are put in the water in March and hauled out in November. Always covered at my pier when not in use

The cut is in the textured seating surface and I will probably replace the seat soon as it is on the "L" shaped lounge across from the console. Now that I know it is there I will be looking at every time we are out.

This got me to thinking about how long replacement seats of a certain color combo and year would be available from Bennington. Models change seats change etc. Say next year or the year after somebody needs a replacement. .

Anybody have any experience in this area?

Thanks in advance

Bummer: Check out this thread, I put cut in my Vinyl just day's after I owned our boat so i feel your pain

Look in to getting it fixed by someone in auto repair area,I work in a large body shop and we have seats repaired and they seem to be good at what they do,I think the name of the company is Fab tech and I think it is a national franchise so maybe in your area, just a thought,I no it would make me sick to have tear in my seat

Look in to getting it fixed by someone in auto repair area,I work in a large body shop and we have seats repaired and they seem to be good at what they do,I think the name of the company is Fab tech and I think it is a national franchise so maybe in your area, just a thought,I no it would make me sick to have tear in my seat
Thanks to all

We have in our area a national franchise called Interior Magic. Their business is the refurbishing-repair of auto interiors.

Sent them a photo they say they can do so.....will find out next week. Got to be cheaaper than a new seat.

Again thanks for the help.

talk to a boat dealer in your area. they will know of a good vinyl repair guy that they work with. i had a raccoon get in my boat (the cover was even on) and put several holes in my seats. long story short my dealer referred me to a guy that came out to my boat slip and repaired the holes on site for about 250 bucks. ALL boat dealers will work with a vinyl repair guy just like ALL car dealers work with a paintles dent repair guy. check out some youtube videos on boat vinyl repair you'll be amazed what they can do. it's an artform though so make sure you get a good reference from a dealer who knows their work is good.

Back