Dealer discounts on MSRP

rocknbeau

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a new boat. The dealer is offering a 20K discount off MSRP, roughly 10%. For anybody that's ordered a new boat recently, is this discount in-line with what most dealers are offering? Thanks

Last edited:
I received an email from Bennington the other day offering 10k rebates on select models. Not sure what is or isn't included since I am not in the market.

I'm getting ready to order a new boat. The dealer is offering a 20K discount off MSRP. For anybody that's ordered a new boat recently, is this discount in-line with what most dealers are offering? Thanks
What does that work out to, percentage wise?

If you are paying cash, I am sure you could negotiate another 8-10% off MSRP. But only if the boat was sitting on the lot. You said you were ordering a new boat so 10% sounds reasonable. Would really depend on supply and demand.

I'm getting ready to order a new boat. The dealer is offering a 20K discount off MSRP, roughly 10%. For anybody that's ordered a new boat recently, is this discount in-line with what most dealers are offering? Thanks
Welcome! Yes "in line" Go for it!

The % off depends on the model of boat. What model are you looking at? I think you can get more than 10% off these days

Are you putting the order in on specifics…made to order? Or casual language, and really buying a new one off the lot? That can impact dealer flexibility a little bit. Also, if they have any leftover ‘23 models on the lot that check your boxes, those were getting steep discounts this spring with many dealers clearing out leftover inventory.

All that said, if I were in the market now on an R series, I’d want to be seeing 20% off MSRP to be in the conversation. If I got that or more, I’d pull the trigger.

Back