Dealer to dealer transfers

Walter Kurtz

Reaction score
First time poster, been researching for months. This will be our second toon (1st tri toon). With inventory low I’ve reached out to Bennington to try find us a boat. They have been very accommodating and are willing to work with our dealer to help locate an SPS + or ESP with blackout package. The option to special order is still on the table, but delivery would be mid to late July (end of summer vacation for the kids ) Sooner would be better
My only concern lies with advertised prices/markup that differ state to state & dealer to dealer. Anyone have any experience with this type of purchase? Thank you in advance

First time poster, been researching for months. This will be our second toon (1st tri toon). With inventory low I’ve reached out to Bennington to try find us a boat. They have been very accommodating and are willing to work with our dealer to help locate an SPS + or ESP with blackout package. The option to special order is still on the table, but delivery would be mid to late July (end of summer vacation for the kids ) Sooner would be better
My only concern lies with advertised prices/markup that differ state to state & dealer to dealer. Anyone have any experience with this type of purchase? Thank you in advance

Just my 2 cents, and has probably already been considered on your part. If you have some very specific ”wants/needs”, I’d just place an order. Nothing replaces specing it up exactly as you want it, and negotiating directly on that order price.

I would have loved a boat in 2016, but instead I spent the year researching, checking them out, comparing costs/value, etc.. By Jan. of 2017 we spec’d out an order precisely to what we wanted, patience and timing allowing us to negotiate an extremely good deal on it, so we got more boat than we otherwise would have within our budget.

The timing may be off for this one summer with the kids vacation, but then again, for the extreme cost of these things and how long they last, you will then have 10-20+ years on a boat tailored exactly to what you wanted. No worries about dealing with multiple dealers, paying to transport the boat, markups, etc... Also, working directly with your local dealer tends to prioritize you with them for service, assistance, etc... Just things to consider, but then again, you probably already have.

No matter what, good luck with what you get. Sounds like what you have in mind will be both sharp looking and a blast on the water. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with Vikingstaff.
I will add a twist...if your dealer has a used one that you could buy as well with the agreement to trade back in once your order out arrives.

Back