Officer_B

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a Garmin Depth Finder in my 2021 Bennington 18 footer. All the terminals on all the switches are occupied, does anyone know which is an auxiliary I can wire the depth finder to. An image would be helpful.

If you don't want to put in a new switch use the horn or one you wont use that much.

Officer_B, you should be able to flip switches and see if they do not appear to activate anything. If you find one that was an acc switch and not utilized, you can look at the back of it under the helm and note the colors of the wires. From there follow the wires and if there's a harness at the end of them that's a dead-end, you can tap into that to power the depth finder. The other option would be to tap into the main coming from a main switch (if you have a master) and put an in-line fuse to the depth finder and it will come on whenever the master is flipped on.

Officer_B, you should be able to flip switches and see if they do not appear to activate anything. If you find one that was an acc switch and not utilized, you can look at the back of it under the helm and note the colors of the wires. From there follow the wires and if there's a harness at the end of them that's a dead-end, you can tap into that to power the depth finder. The other option would be to tap into the main coming from a main switch (if you have a master) and put an in-line fuse to the depth finder and it will come on whenever the master is flipped on.
That's the way I was going to go with it but I thought I'd check. Almost all the lines are red, tracing was getting nerve racking and they used every blade even on the blank aux switch. Thanks

Back