Depth Guage Reading at Speed

Damn! That's great!

Anode.... anode.... anode... :)

Bennyboat glad to hear you have a dealer or tech that appears to know what they're doing. It's all about finding clean water, SIMRAD isn't some fly by night Amazon company so their products can do the job. It's just a function IMO of giving that equipment the best operating environment possible which can be complicated in a multitude of ways.

Almost like the old days where you had to keep adjusting your bunny ear antennas to get the best reception. Some folks are OK watching a fuzzy football game, others just turn it off and go do something else productive. But if you sat there and tried every angle eventually it came in clear.

Almost like the old days where you had to keep adjusting your bunny ear antennas to get the best reception. Some folks are OK watching a fuzzy football game, others just turn it off and go do something else productive. But if you sat there and tried every angle eventually it came in clear.
LOVE this analogy.

Bennyboat glad to hear you have a dealer or tech that appears to know what they're doing. It's all about finding clean water, SIMRAD isn't some fly by night Amazon company so their products can do the job. It's just a function IMO of giving that equipment the best operating environment possible which can be complicated in a multitude of ways.

Well said! now we have a plan in place looking forward to getting this resolved on Thursday afternoon.
@BigD Thank you for sharing your photo and experience. Gives me hope that we could have a final resolution to this issue!

Here’s a picture of mine after I went through the same thing. It now works well into the 30’s.

Attachments

• EE4321A0-E07D-4B42-8E19-79B0E9A9E3FC.jpeg
    EE4321A0-E07D-4B42-8E19-79B0E9A9E3FC.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 68
Here’s a picture of mine after I went through the same thing. It now works well into the 30’s.
Do you have yours mounted to the far Port side as well?

Do you have yours mounted to the far Port side as well?
I don’t seem to be able to find a picture, but I think it’s in the middle of the port side bracket.

I don’t seem to be able to find a picture, but I think it’s in the middle of the port side bracket.
I would say so based on the photo. Very interesting as your still works in the middle. What was the major change you made since you originally had the problem?

I would say so based on the photo. Very interesting as your still works in the middle. What was the major change you made since you originally had the problem?
I moved it down about two or three inches, so now the sensor is below the bracket. Now mine works close to WOT where before it stopped around 10 MPH, which was useless.

Mine is mounted at as low as it can go as far to the outside as it can go on the port toon bracket. Works all the way through WOT. Same transducer as Michiman.

Mine is mounted at as low as it can go as far to the outside as it can go on the port toon bracket. Works all the way through WOT. Same transducer as Michiman.
Thanks for the input and confirmation. That's what I'm shooting for here. I have an appointment later today....so fingers crossed

Well moving it over to the port side definetly made it work much better. Got readings now up to 25mph or so. Maybe I can make it better by adjusting slightly down, but what a difference that move made!
3CE4B0DC-C022-4E8E-AEE6-FC16AAF18CCE.jpeg
642FB2AD-BC42-44D7-802F-56B0FD9EDDAC.jpeg

Well moving it over to the port side definetly made it work much better. Got readings now up to 25mph or so. Maybe I can make it better by adjusting slightly down, but what a difference that move made!
View attachment 32858
View attachment 32859

I think you give other owners hope! 25mph is respectable so I would call that a big win.

Congrats!

My Garmin cuts out over 4,200 rpm (ya know, I never checked what speed that is). It’s mounted as low as possible on my port log. It is what it is.
AF20A1BF-DAB0-440E-BCE9-ED882F36F557.jpg

I think the only other test you could do @BennyBoat would be to move it towards the center (starboard) but I understand your technician said to move "the transducer all the way to the port side as much as possible." @BigD's is as low as it can go and towards the center and gets readings at WOT. This can be contrasted though with @Spoiledrotten's setup of having it as far to the port side as possible and also getting WOT readings. I'd like to move mine as well so I'm enjoying all the scenarios!

This is good. Now I can try Anode, transducer, raise it, lower it move it left or right . I have ellipticals along with lifting strakes which I have not seen mentioned. However seeing all the info gives me some things to look at. After all, I can go slow and see I am in shallow water or go fast and know when I am in shallow water and aground, It is all a matter of time. As a sailor I was always worried about depth, but everything was a lot slower!

Back