Didn't get a trailer....now I need one

Marketblandings

Reaction score
2017 21SLX with Twin Ellipticals, strakes and wave tamer.
115 Evinrude
In marina slip with marina storage so no trailer ever needed.
Things are changing and I need a trailer for it.
I need the measurement between the centers of the elliptical toons. This will be a shorter measurement than all other toons. For bunk positioning.

And I need to know if a scissors trailer can be used with that wave tamer welded up in there (this trailer is just for storage use).

Also, are bunks positionable on trailers so I could move them myself to the narrower elliptical tube center position?

Thanks,
Damon M.
Lake Pepin

Outside width 102"
Center to center 70"
Inside width 38"

I don't know of a scissor trailer that narrow, and wouldn't trust it if I did.

X2 regarding not trusting narrow scissor trailer. Need to be very careful. . Neighbor rolled his new to him pontoon using rented scissor trailer on a curve. Back was not strapped down, load shifted, everything ended upside down.

I don't trust those scissors trailers at all. I know many people who use them and have no issues towing short distances. We used one to trailer our duck hunting pontoon boat for a few years and every mile was a white knuckle affair. The boat was so top heavy due to the brush that made it look like an island, it would catch the wind and was so tippy on making the slightest low speed turn, we bit the bullet and bought a bunk trailer. So much nicer and stable. And as noted, I'm not sure it would be narrow enough for a twin elip set up.
All bunk trailers have adjustable bunks to get the set up just right for your pontoon configuration

He just storing it on a scissor trailer if he can. Not transporting it as I read it.

Just purchased a Lakeland trailer from a dealer in Osseo, MN. I didn't have one and needed it for storage. I have not used the trailer but it appears to be very well constructed and I thought reasonably priced. Just FYI.

Congrats! Heinens? I like having a trailer but it is another item to store when not using.

Back