Discoloration on Seagraves floor of pontoon

Gary Reggish

Reaction score
I had my boat in storage for the winter, shrink wrapped. When it was dropped off we launched the boat and while on the water we noticed a yellow discoloration behind the captains chair and a greenish discoloration in the center. Any idea what may have caused this? what this is? How can we get rid of it?

that is strange for sure. initially just try some basic cleaner and it should come right out.

While we’re on the subject as it caught my attention, I have the same issue but mine is the back of the deck where the cover snaps In place but doesn’t fully extend over the seagrass. You can tell the dividing line between the cover that is not exposed to sun in the port that is is definitely faded. Not to hijack my friends thread here but anyone else experienced and have a magical solution?

that is strange for sure. initially just try some basic cleaner and it should come right out.

While we’re on the subject as it caught my attention, I have the same issue but mine is the back of the deck where the cover snaps In place but doesn’t fully extend over the seagrass. You can tell the dividing line between the cover that is not exposed to sun in the port that is is definitely faded. Not to hijack my friends thread here but anyone else experienced and have a magical solution?
Unfortunately I tried soap and water, that didn’t work. I tried vinegar and water, that didn’t work. I then tried starbrite mildew and mood remover, no luck. Out of frustration (and I never would have used this other than the fact that nothing worked) I tried bleach and water...no luck what so ever. I don’t know what this is or what to do about it. Sucks because we keep our boat like new.

I still have my strange stains... which are much worse than yours!
I've lived with them all last year, but my wife is going to start raising a stink about it since my dealer has pretty much ignored me. She's better at complaining than I am

I would have your dealer review with Bennington. I remember that Bennington had issues with the adhesive they used on the flooring causing stains.

No to pile on the hijack, but have the same issue on the rear deck where the cover isn't present. You can definetly see the line from the covered/uncovered portion of the boat. I thought it might be dirt but haven't tried to clean it yet. Hate to hear nothing worked so far for the OP.

Back