Does anyone know the exact model Yamaha 115 that

My 22 footer with Yamaha 115 is a F115LB. I like the outboard but I'm not a speed nut. 30 mph on GPS @5900 rpm with two 26 round tubes and no strakes but I also enjoy 5 mpg cruising at 4000 rpm.

Bennington will prolly sell with a Yamaha 14 by 13 pitch steel prop and it will work fine after you have a degree of pitch taken out to make it 12 pitch. If you don't have prop bent down you're looking at about 5500 rpm and 28 mph. At least this is what I found with my boat/motor.

comes on the Bennington 21' SLXP?
Depends on engine year. Yamaha F115 LA 2013 and earlier and 2014 and up is F115 LB or F115 XB I think???

Last edited:
The OG poster is asking about a new boat if I read it right so that would be a B model. The L and X designates leg length with L being a long shaft and X being an extra long shaft. Both are used on pontoons but normally the X are only found on tritoons.

Poster jhill is correct in that Yamaha updated the F115 in 2014 year. Most noticeable change is the air intake holes in the cowling. A models had the air intake at rear of hood and the B models have two air intake holes one on each side of the hood. Very easy to tell difference from a distance. Several other changes were made to the B models and they were much improved.

Back