Does Bennington offer a optional clock/timepiece?

I did a search and Did not finding anything. Has anyone found a nice looking one for the dash?
Good point. What do you guys do with the Sony radio clock ? You can't leave the power on to it to keep the clock set. Can you ? You would think it would have an internal battery to keep the time. Maybe it does and I haven't figured it out yet. Gerry

Good question regarding the option. I had on my Sea Ray before I traded for the Bennington a Clock/Compass/temperature guage that I got from Auto parts store, but it wasnt very accurate.

Good point. What do you guys do with the Sony radio clock ? You can't leave the power on to it to keep the clock set. Can you ? You would think it would have an internal battery to keep the time. Maybe it does and I haven't figured it out yet. Gerry
I have an alpine with the clock and it keeps time just fine. The memory wire is always powered so it keeps the time. Not much of a drain on the battery. If you switch off your batteries then you'd have to run the memory wire to the battery.

I always have a watch (son doesnt see the rationale for watches) and at least two cell phones on board for the time.

How about a cool looking 20-200$ Casio? Take the band off and use an ever so small dab of Velcro for the placement of your choice.

Since many are now plastic you could Dremel off the band tangs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s-Digital-Sport-Watch/15075150

$16 from Wally. Wouldn't this look good dash mounted. Many now have ten year batteries .... And a compass on the 40$ units!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I could order a Cadillac dash clock and mount it! Good idea! We do the cellphone thing and it can be a pain! Ooh that reminds me, that's another thing I gotta figure out, it sure would be nice if there was a little pocket right beside captain's knee to keep cell phone and ipod out of the sun, even a little narrow mesh like behind the seat, hmm have to get something figured out.

Your memory wiring would need to be tied in directly to the positive battery terminal to save those settings. The main power rocker switch should kill any power draws wired through the helm rocker switches.

If you have a battery selector switch and not wired directly to a positive terminal, then your switch would kill all power when turned off.

Memory functions do not drain very much power on a battery. That being said, Cwag has the life and is able to look out his window at his boathouse. I currently drive 1.5 hours to my boat and wouldn't want to find a dead battery from memory power draw after a month of non use.

I always have a watch (son doesnt see the rationale for watches) and at least two cell phones on board for the time.

How about a cool looking 20-200$ Casio? Take the band off and use an ever so small dab of Velcro for the placement of your choice.

Since many are now plastic you could Dremel off the band tangs.

http://www.walmart.c...-Watch/15075150

$16 from Wally. Wouldn't this look good dash mounted. Many now have ten year batteries .... And a compass on the 40$ units!
Yes, we all carry cell phones and I always keep onboard a 12v. charger for them, but it just seems a shame to have a clock function on the dash and at the rear recliners and having to reset them every time we jump in the boat and go for a ride. Maybe I'm just too particular (spoiled) and simply want to glance at something and not pick it up and turn it on or "wake" it just to check the time. Just would be neat to have a separate rechargeable power supply or internal battery for the builtin Sony already installed, Gerry

Your memory wiring would need to be tied in directly to the positive battery terminal to save those settings. The main power rocker switch should kill any power draws wired through the helm rocker switches.

If you have a battery selector switch and not wired directly to a positive terminal, then your switch would kill all power when turned off.

Memory functions do not drain very much power on a battery. That being said, Cwag has the life and is able to look out his window at his boathouse. I currently drive 1.5 hours to my boat and wouldn't want to find a dead battery from memory power draw after a month of non use.
This past winter was the first time I used a battery tender on the boat. We've had times in the past that the boat sat there unused for a couple of months and the battery was fine. Tha battery is now 6 years old and it's never failed (just jinxed myself). I've been looking at new ones for next year. If the only draw on the battery is the radio memory, it would last quite a long time before it goes dead, unless you have a questionable battery.

This past winter

was the first time I used a battery tender on the boat. We've had times in the

past that the boat sat there unused for a couple of months and the battery was

fine. Tha battery is now 6 years old and it's never failed (just jinxed myself).

I've been looking at new ones for next year. If the only draw on the battery is

the radio memory, it would last quite a long time before it goes dead, unless

you have a questionable battery.
Yes, I think that is the route Carl & Suzi. I have my accesories on battery 'B' now so I guess no big deal, but I will reroute 'B' around the master switch and have the tender for 'B' only to keep 'A' on the master switch.

I would want to make sure when I shut off the master my starter is off. I don't want any drain at all if I can help it on 'A' battery. Thanks for the idea. Gerry

Oooh, I could order a Cadillac dash clock and mount it! Good idea! We do the cellphone thing and it can be a pain! Ooh that reminds me, that's another thing I gotta figure out, it sure would be nice if there was a little pocket right beside captain's knee to keep cell phone and ipod out of the sun, even a little narrow mesh like behind the seat, hmm have to get something figured out.
I would love to have the clock out of a Chrysler 300. A real clock does look classy. I doubt they are waterproof. I bet 90% of customers would pay for a clock option on these boats.

Don't you have the tilt out drawer in the lower center of your console? Mine came with one standard. Perfect for phone, glasses and or I-devices when cabled to the mp3 input.

Don't you have the tilt out drawer in the lower center of your console? Mine came with one standard. Perfect for phone, glasses and or I-devices when cabled to the mp3 input.
Damnit no! I knew I saw a compartment there in the pics on Bennington's site showing a little door kinda in the middle of the foot area, but mine doesn't have it! What Up With That TB??? HEHE

Derrick

Of course my boat is older but 2275RL's have a little compartment on the helm right by the Captain's right knee/foot perfect for cell phones/IPODS/keys etc etc...........

What about seeing it at night?
Pretty cool. There are some that are electroluminescent. Push the button says the literature.

Thermometers too.

I got the GA/PB-51000. Seems okay. Gerry

Back