Double Bimini Clarification, Please

Well yes,
It's not *double* the coverage but, the added length, even though a bit shorter than the main one, is a life saver, depending on how sun shy some of your riders are, and, if you have more than a few on the boat. At least it's an attempt to provide additional shade. We just went out on the lake the other day with a friend who just purchased a brand new 22' Benny with the 200 Merc and it's got the single bimini. While the sun was not nearly as potent as it was all summer, it is still a tad bit on the *hot* side at this time of year. So, on those occasions where the boat would turn in a given direction, I'd feel the shade from that single bimini and have a bit of relief. Yep, I'd not have another longer Toon boat without two.
Scott

You will love the double Bimini !!!!

What I always find funny on these posts is we almost never use our single bimini. On a 90-100 degree day we might put it up on a rare occasion - but not even guaranteed then.

Granted, Michigan summers vs. southern half of the country are usually on a very different level. If I had southern sun, I am sure we’d use it more often or regularly. However, being up north, I just cannot imagine wanting/needing the double bimini. I guess if we were more fair skinned and burned more easily, that opinion might change.

What I always find funny on these posts is we almost never use our single bimini. On a 90-100 degree day we might put it up on a rare occasion - but not even guaranteed then.

Granted, Michigan summers vs. southern half of the country are usually on a very different level. If I had southern sun, I am sure we’d use it more often or regularly. However, being up north, I just cannot imagine wanting/needing the double bimini. I guess if we were more fair skinned and burned more easily, that opinion might change.
You guys probably say the same thing about central air conditioning!

Ours is ALWAYS up - though we don't have a double - I'm always under it (burn easily) and of course normally driving. My wife and friends are always back and forth into sun or shade. Agree about southern sun.

You guys probably say the same thing about central air conditioning!

Oh no. I like it COLD. I start my air up early in the spring, and run it solid until fall. My comfort zone is 70 degrees, anything abve 72 starts to feel a bit too warm to me. ;) That said, when outdoors, I just don’t mind the sun that much. To stay cooler I hoop in the water vs. hanging out under a bimini.

I also benefit from the fact I tan up super fast, and it takes a lot for me to actually burn. Drives my wife nuts.

Last edited:
GWLK has a 25foot boat. Would the bimini measurements not be different on a 20foot boat? We too are in "order mode" and have a double on our current pontoon (Princecraft) and love it. However, we were told for our 21ft Bennington, the "double bimini" would not be double the size of the standard 10foot.

GWLK has a 25foot boat. Would the bimini measurements not be different on a 20foot boat? We too are in "order mode" and have a double on our current pontoon (Princecraft) and love it. However, we were told for our 21ft Bennington, the "double bimini" would not be double the size of the standard 10foot.
I was told from Bennington directly that the double Bimini option on my 20-foot SLG adds about 6 ft to the existing 10 foot Bimini. They said it goes almost to the bow rail. That is good news as we are looking for full coverage when the sun is just too much. I would imagine your 21 foot build would have something similar, but perhaps they extend the double Bimini for the extra foot. Either way, I think you will have good coverage on your boat with a double Bimini.

Back